Background Investigation

Unregistered

Lightbulb Background Investigation

question during a background investigation if the investigator can't get ahold of a previous employer am I essentially ****ed? I have a crap ton of jobs (contracts - I am in IT) my biggest concern is background investigator gets flustered trying to find some of these employers or someone talks shit (even though they aren't allowed) can anyone chime in for an aspiring cop?

inb4 "you dont want to work here this place is shit" I do want to work with you guys... I really do and I think I'll be bad ass at it...

Unregistered
    Let me get this straight... You have an education and work in IT field where money is good, safe, and plentiful. Why would you take a job where you can be the next scapegoat for liberal agenda...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me get this straight... You have an education and work in IT field where money is good, safe, and plentiful. Why would you take a job where you can be the next scapegoat for liberal agenda...
    Yes I am interested in leaving 212k to fulfill a teenager dream finally. Scapegoat liberal agenda stuff tho... was the least of my worries..

Unregistered
    Yes I am interested in leaving 212k to fulfill a teenager dream finally. Scapegoat liberal agenda stuff tho... was the least of my worries..
    Don't worry, I left a Department of Defense job making $175k to become a police officer here. I worked overseas in different countries and got tired of the travel to see my family, got tired of the same routine, and finally have a job where I get to come home every night.
    Also, as far as background goes, I had the same issues where I worked for big companies and they have generic 1-800 phone numbers. They called me to ask if I had a direct number to my supervisors but the numbers my supervisors had were overseas deployment numbers.... So they never called them

Unregistered
    Don't worry, I left a Department of Defense job making $175k to become a police officer here. I worked overseas in different countries and got tired of the travel to see my family, got tired of the same routine, and finally have a job where I get to come home every night.
    Also, as far as background goes, I had the same issues where I worked for big companies and they have generic 1-800 phone numbers. They called me to ask if I had a direct number to my supervisors but the numbers my supervisors had were overseas deployment numbers.... So they never called them
    Quick question for you brother (or sister) some of these jobs I don't even recall who the supervisor is it changed so much, is that going to be a problem? I'm asking these dumb questions because I keep hearing people getting DQ's for omission when I am not trying omit shit, I literally don't ****ing know... I clocked in, got my check, got the **** out.

Unregistered
    Happens to a lot of us.. successful career in construction/production here. The ringing tone from that calling gets louder and louder as you get older. It’s a calling from above, I guess. I definitely understand op.

Unregistered
    Shut up, you stupid asshole. Let the guy do whatever the hell he wants to do. Be happy for him and call it a day.