Charges to Tahoe’s?

Unregistered

Charges to Tahoe’s?

I’ve seen a lot of pictures of Tahoe’s lately. Did you guys make the switch from the Charges?

Unregistered
    The HCSO is testing various trucks. F150’s, RAMS, Silverado’s, and SUV’s on truck chassis. Real SUV’s like the Tahoe. Not fake SUV’s that are just tall body flimsy unibody cars. Chargers can not and are not designed to stand up to the rigors of police work. Like most other crap cars these days. Although far cheaper to buy, in the long run, are for more expensive to maintain due to constant breakdowns and poor design like burning up fuel pump wires, fuel vapors in the cab, and cracked plastic engine parts. Plus this job is hard on the most reliable cars. Remember that the old reliable Crown Victoria’s used the same 4.6 V8, transmission, and rear ends as the F150. Plus a full ladder frame chassis like a truck. It was essentially a truck chassis designed in the 70’s with a car body on it. I commend the HCSO and our sheriff for doing buying trucks. This decision to upgrade the fleet with real vehicles is based FACTS and EXPERIENCE. I also commend the sheriff for not worrying about what uninformed inexperienced key board warrior mile island idiot bleeding heart liberals think about buying big heavy strong V8 trucks to our fleet. These V6 chargers are POS and burn more fuel from these poorly designed V6 engines than the Chevy V8 with V4 mode. It’s a good sign seeing this change. I hope this mentality will spread to other areas of the agency. Sometimes something may look expensive or like it’s being done for cool factor, but that’s only to people that have no knowledge, creat some kind of activism, then piss and moan that think this way. Forcing leaders to make poor choices that only look good to make the the uninitiated happy. Besides, what about comfort? These vehicles are our offices. Plus even the most luxurious vehicle can only be so comfortable to work in as an office. Think of how many people that work in actual offices *****h and moan over having perfectly ergonomic equipment at their desks which is expensive. Try typing non stop reports with a keyboard jammed right under the right side of your ribs with your head, arms and upper torso turned to the right 45 degrees. In reality, all reports and office work should be handled after the call at an actual office, but that is for another post. This post is for commending the sheriff for a great decision that took balls.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The HCSO is testing various trucks. F150’s, RAMS, Silverado’s, and SUV’s on truck chassis. Real SUV’s like the Tahoe. Not fake SUV’s that are just tall body flimsy unibody cars. Chargers can not and are not designed to stand up to the rigors of police work. Like most other crap cars these days. Although far cheaper to buy, in the long run, are for more expensive to maintain due to constant breakdowns and poor design like burning up fuel pump wires, fuel vapors in the cab, and cracked plastic engine parts. Plus this job is hard on the most reliable cars. Remember that the old reliable Crown Victoria’s used the same 4.6 V8, transmission, and rear ends as the F150. Plus a full ladder frame chassis like a truck. It was essentially a truck chassis designed in the 70’s with a car body on it. I commend the HCSO and our sheriff for doing buying trucks. This decision to upgrade the fleet with real vehicles is based FACTS and EXPERIENCE. I also commend the sheriff for not worrying about what uninformed inexperienced key board warrior mile island idiot bleeding heart liberals think about buying big heavy strong V8 trucks to our fleet. These V6 chargers are POS and burn more fuel from these poorly designed V6 engines than the Chevy V8 with V4 mode. It’s a good sign seeing this change. I hope this mentality will spread to other areas of the agency. Sometimes something may look expensive or like it’s being done for cool factor, but that’s only to people that have no knowledge, creat some kind of activism, then piss and moan that think this way. Forcing leaders to make poor choices that only look good to make the the uninitiated happy. Besides, what about comfort? These vehicles are our offices. Plus even the most luxurious vehicle can only be so comfortable to work in as an office. Think of how many people that work in actual offices *****h and moan over having perfectly ergonomic equipment at their desks which is expensive. Try typing non stop reports with a keyboard jammed right under the right side of your ribs with your head, arms and upper torso turned to the right 45 degrees. In reality, all reports and office work should be handled after the call at an actual office, but that is for another post. This post is for commending the sheriff for a great decision that took balls.
    Well stated, now can you convince the Sheriff to stop buying tiny soccer mom Escapes and Equinoxes for detectives. So embarrassing, uncomfortable, too small, and not designed for all the police equipment in the vehicle. Meanwhile the detective supervisors are getting full size SUVs and they don’t even do any investigative work to need them or the space.

Unregistered
    Good try by the PIO staging the question, then having a prepared answer to talk up the decision. No need to use this board for propaganda.

Unregistered
    Good try by the PIO staging the question, then having a prepared answer to talk up the decision. No need to use this board for propaganda.
    I thought the exact thing.

Unregistered
    Well stated, now can you convince the Sheriff to stop buying tiny soccer mom Escapes and Equinoxes for detectives. So embarrassing, uncomfortable, too small, and not designed for all the police equipment in the vehicle. Meanwhile the detective supervisors are getting full size SUVs and they don’t even do any investigative work to need them or the space.
    That is a good point.

Unregistered
    The Tahoe change will be when Chad gets his 2022. He cannot be expected to drive a car over a year old.

Unregistered
    The Tahoe change will be when Chad gets his 2022. He cannot be expected to drive a car over a year old.
    It looks Chad got his Tahoe already, we’re rolling out the patrol Tahoes now. Has anyone been issued one? If so, what’s you’re thoughts on them?

Unregistered

I loved my old Crown Vics. They may be squeaky and look like a Granny mobile, but they got down on it when needed!