How is working at Miami Beach Police Department
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

How is working at Miami Beach Police Department

Hi all,

I see that Miami Beach Police Department is hiring. I was wondering some pros and cons of working at MBPD? How is the salary, schedule benefits, equipment etc..

Unregistered
    Good money but you get NO life. Look into Miami Dade County. Everyone’s leaves their former departments just to be in the county.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good money but you get NO life. Look into Miami Dade County. Everyone’s leaves their former departments just to be in the county.
    That's not true. Many of our officers have come to us from other local departments. We also have a lot of officers from out of state. Working here isn't easy. The last couple of years have been pretty challenging actually. But overall it is a really good place to work. Good benefits and pay. Used to be the best in the state but it seems that others have started to catch up to us. Doesn't mean we've gotten worse, but they have gotten better. Police work is difficult no matter where you go. But for a mid-size department in an international city, we have lots of opportunity. You just have to work for it and not be a whiny crybaby like you see on a lot of posts here. Best of luck regardless of where you end up working.

Unregistered
    Poor leadership. Awesome Department. Pay and benefits are good but not too far off what other Agencies paid. If I had to do it all again I would go with the County or Miami.

Unregistered
    Hi all,

I see that Miami Beach Police Department is hiring. I was wondering some pros and cons of working at MBPD? How is the salary, schedule benefits, equipment etc..
    If you are in a relationship or married with a family, stay away. This department is not conducive to family life. You will have to work 15+ years just to see weekends off and you will work holidays always. Our mayor and chief are liberals so they will always side with the criminals, just make sure you move cautiously in your daily duties. Money is good, pension is good, coworkers are pretty cool. Clock in, get you check, and keep it moving. Plus, you will get GREAT experience here if you decide to not stay here forever and move on to another department. Good luck !!!

Unregistered
    If you are in a relationship or married with a family, stay away. This department is not conducive to family life. You will have to work 15+ years just to see weekends off and you will work holidays always. Our mayor and chief are liberals so they will always side with the criminals, just make sure you move cautiously in your daily duties. Money is good, pension is good, coworkers are pretty cool. Clock in, get you check, and keep it moving. Plus, you will get GREAT experience here if you decide to not stay here forever and move on to another department. Good luck !!!
    AGEED. You couldn’t have said it any better.

Unregistered
    Hi all,

Here's one variable for you to consider before you decide if this is a place where you would like to work... How would you feel about working for an agency where the Chief and a Major took a knee, in a public setting, after the George Floyd incident last year?

Unregistered
    Our Chief is about to be asked to retire. So things are about to get better. It certainly can not get any worse.

Unregistered
    Our Chief is about to be asked to retire. So things are about to get better. It certainly can not get any worse.
    Good riddance! And take Henry with you.

Unregistered
    You really think things are going to get better around here when the chief leaves ? Give me a break Acosta is a joke looks pretty in a uniform well spoken but a clown kiss ass with city hall. Jones will continue the same path we are on now and the zeros we have waiting in the wings don’t get much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast