Out of state sponsorship? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you guys sponsor? I recently retired from a large agency in Vermont and just moved to the Bay Area. Looking into a few agencies and stumbled upon this place. Any insight on this agency? Pay, call volume, atmosphere, morale, etc. Also I see that a lot of agencies in Florida have take home cars, is that the case at your agency? Thanks and stay safe.
    On getting sponsored- You must have heard this from someone you know working in Florida that has been sponsered....., otherwise no one knows this information.... No one from out of state would even know that sponsorship even happens... Good Luck.

Unregistered
    I decide who gets sponsored or not. I have three questions to ask you; Would you pepper spray a US Marine in uniform, on a traffic stop for arguing about why he/she was stopped?, Would you panic under stressful conditions after all your training and shoot someone, thinking you had your Taser in your hand instead of your firearm? And third, what do you think of the Rodney King/George Floyd incident where the person resists (not actively, but passive and will not comply with officers commands), what would you have done in those situations?

Unregistered
    I decide who gets sponsored or not. I have three questions to ask you; Would you pepper spray a US Marine in uniform, on a traffic stop for arguing about why he/she was stopped?, Would you panic under stressful conditions after all your training and shoot someone, thinking you had your Taser in your hand instead of your firearm? And third, what do you think of the Rodney King/George Floyd incident where the person resists (not actively, but passive and will not comply with officers commands), what would you have done in those situations?
    Let's use USF situations.

3 calls holding, you are the only x8 unit, which do you choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd and why.

A over flowing toilet in Holly Apts

The bullrunner driver is mad and calling the pd about traffic that is backed up due to an event at Yuengling that has been advertised for weeks on campus.

Info report, not the slightest hint of a crime or occurring within 100 miles of usf and is 237 days delayed, however you must socat, srr and take a report and it MUST be completed today. It's 1645hrs and you leave at 1800

Unregistered

3 calls holding, you are the only x8 unit, which do you choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd and why.

The bullrunner driver is mad and calling the pd about traffic that is backed up due to an event at Yuengling that has been advertised for weeks on campus.

Info report, not the slightest hint of a crime or occurring within 100 miles of usf and is 237 days delayed, however you must socat, srr and take a report and it MUST be completed today. It's 1645hrs and you leave at 1800
    Lol, this is good but it’s so embarrassing because it’s true.

Unregistered
    Lol, this is good but it’s so embarrassing because it’s true.
    You complain about typical USF B.S. I wonder how much you would cry about working in a large agency and having to take multiple, time consuming, crime reports?

A real days work in a large agency would traumatize you.

Unregistered

Stay X8 leave it for nights!

Unregistered
    You complain about typical USF B.S. I wonder how much you would cry about working in a large agency and having to take multiple, time consuming, crime reports?

Well you’re here so obviously you can handle a real agency! Dumb AZZ

Unregistered

Dumbarse, that is why I am working here, to be a campus cop. I have no interest in working for a large agency. The USF budget brings in a bigger annual budget than the city of Tampa, but very little is spent on law enforcement. The City of Tampa spends all of their police budget money in protecting the very few areas of the city with the crappy high crime areas and all the shiz bagz living there and committing most of the crimes. That is where your tax dollars are going living in the City of Tampa if you live their, not your neighborhood.

Why do you think USF finally put up the fence around the campus after years of suggestions to do that? Be thankful for your job here an count yourself lucky for your job.

Unregistered
    USF annual budget 1.8 billion
    City of Tampa budget 905.9 million

Yet, you still make 35% less than the average patrol officer working at Tampa. You’re right, you’re lucky to have a job, because you’re apparently too dumb to count simple numbers. Sucks to be feeding at the bottom, but you’re safe, I get it, police work isn’t for everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12