Put the agents on late shift - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some of them get their panties in a wad over what the agents get and what they are paid. It is a fact of life. There is a reason inspectors get paid less than agents. Also, the agents aren't just getting iPads to do inspections. They are also going to use them to write reports, which most inspectors almost never do, and they're going to use them for surveys and arrest paperwork eventually.

You have agents with many years of law enforcement experience in addition to having over 10 years of sworn experience with ABT. They have four year college degrees, some have master's degrees, and let's not forget that little 800 hour police academy they need to pay to go through just to be certified for law enforcement work. Plus many have several hundred hours of advanced training and are instructors themselves. They are required to react, protect, and put their lives on the line whenever there is danger. They don't get to just call the local police like inspectors do. Or turn all late night inspections over to someone else because they don't want to work past 5:00 when they go home to smoke their medical marijuana. Oh and lets not forget the sworn element are required to respond to hurricanes while inspectors sit home and claim that administrative leave when there wasn't even any damage to their house or office.

On the flip side, we've got some inspectors with only 5 years experience , no college degree at all, barely got their high school diploma, prior arrest records that are more than just minor offenses (think felonies), no specialized or advanced training, and no law enforcement certification.

Does that inspector really think they are equal? Do they really have a right to pi** and moan because their pay isn't the same as an agent? Because they don't have a newer car? Now they are pissed off because their iPads are not as new?
    Total BS. Most of our finspectors have many years of law enforcement experience. And I can tell you the agents in my office or nothing but a bunch of fat old ladies they could never be a real cop anywhere else. So get off your high horse you ain’t nothing.

Unregistered
    Total BS. Most of our finspectors have many years of law enforcement experience. And I can tell you the agents in my office or nothing but a bunch of fat old ladies they could never be a real cop anywhere else. So get off your high horse you ain’t nothing.
    This is spot on. The sworn personnel in my office are obese and exhibit unethical behavior on a regular basis. They work shorter days and use their state vehicles for personal matters. They should have to use yellow tags like us so they cant go grocery shopping at work anymore. The leadership in HQ has acknowledged this and I applaud them for initiating a switch to a non-sworn regulatory focused mission.

Unregistered
    I apologize for triggering you. You still don't get it so I'm not going to waste my time. Peace be with you. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    You use the term "real cop" like that is an attribute to strive for. I was a "real cop" and decided there had to be a better way. ABT was and is the answer. My LT calls it high risk lite.

Unregistered

🐷 oink oink

You use the term "real cop" like that is an attribute to strive for. I was a "real cop" and decided there had to be a better way. ABT was and is the answer. My LT calls it high risk lite.
    The only thing lite about you agents is the amount of work you do.

Unregistered
    The only thing lite about you agents is the amount of work you do.
    3% a year retirement. Half price ribs at Sonny's. Nice ride. Free clothes. Paid for college degree. Flexible schedule. Weekends, holidays and nights off. ABT is the best. Fat or not.

Unregistered
    3% a year retirement. Half price ribs at Sonny's. Nice ride. Free clothes. Paid for college degree. Flexible schedule. Weekends, holidays and nights off. ABT is the best. Fat or not.
    When I'm retired with my 3% high risk I'll be laughing at the inspectors that are still working for 1.5% for 30+. I'll be fishing off my dock with a cold beer next to me while they're still inspecting a Circle K or Dollar General. I'll sleep easier at night knowing they'll be issuing official notices for not having a license conspicuously posted or not having having a sign that says you can't sell the underage.

Unregistered
    When I'm retired with my 3% high risk I'll be laughing at the inspectors that are still working for 1.5% for 30+. I'll be fishing off my dock with a cold beer next to me while they're still inspecting a Circle K or Dollar General. I'll sleep easier at night knowing they'll be issuing official notices for not having a license conspicuously posted or not having having a sign that says you can't sell the underage.
    Nope you will be broke. 3% a year of abt pay is a sh&t wage. You will be living in your daughter’s garage. ABT is a bs job grow up a get a real police job.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3273016]Nope you will be broke. 3% a year of abt pay is a sh&t wage. You will be living in your daughter’s garage. ABT is a bs job grow up a get a real police job.[/Q

One way of looking at it. A low achiever might actually end up like you. Others will be fine. Defer comp, spend wisely, save regularly, invest and just be smart and you can do well. I don't want to drive a marked car and visit with trailer dwellers. I will stay here.

Unregistered
    Nope you will be broke. 3% a year of abt pay is a sh&t wage. You will be living in your daughter’s garage. ABT is a bs job grow up a get a real police job.
    Nah, I'm good. Unlike some, I have lived within my means and managed to save a little in the process. ABT has been good to me. Plus I got vested time somewhere else. It's all going to work out just fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast