Put the agents on late shift
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IS2fromHell

Put the agents on late shift

I know our big wigs in Tallahassee read this site. Will you please put the lazy agents back on a late schedule? We don’t need them working banker hours and inspecting APS locations so they can work their moonlighting jobs or because they’re scared of the dark.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by IS2fromHell View Post
    I know our big wigs in Tallahassee read this site. Will you please put the lazy agents back on a late schedule? We don’t need them working banker hours and inspecting APS locations so they can work their moonlighting jobs or because they’re scared of the dark.
    This is about the iPads right? Mad about agents getting new iPads while you work with an old one? You just got a new Malibu and now you want a new iPad too? Jealousy is an ugly color.
    Can you remote in from the iPad to the desktop? Asking for a friend.

Unregistered
    Agents should black to doing surveys and working cases. They should be doing very minimal inspections.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is about the iPads right? Mad about agents getting new iPads while you work with an old one? You just got a new Malibu and now you want a new iPad too? Jealousy is an ugly color.
    Can you remote in from the iPad to the desktop? Asking for a friend.
    Some of them get their panties in a wad over what the agents get and what they are paid. It is a fact of life. There is a reason inspectors get paid less than agents. Also, the agents aren't just getting iPads to do inspections. They are also going to use them to write reports, which most inspectors almost never do, and they're going to use them for surveys and arrest paperwork eventually.

You have agents with many years of law enforcement experience in addition to having over 10 years of sworn experience with ABT. They have four year college degrees, some have master's degrees, and let's not forget that little 800 hour police academy they need to pay to go through just to be certified for law enforcement work. Plus many have several hundred hours of advanced training and are instructors themselves. They are required to react, protect, and put their lives on the line whenever there is danger. They don't get to just call the local police like inspectors do. Or turn all late night inspections over to someone else because they don't want to work past 5:00 when they go home to smoke their medical marijuana. Oh and lets not forget the sworn element are required to respond to hurricanes while inspectors sit home and claim that administrative leave when there wasn't even any damage to their house or office.

On the flip side, we've got some inspectors with only 5 years experience , no college degree at all, barely got their high school diploma, prior arrest records that are more than just minor offenses (think felonies), no specialized or advanced training, and no law enforcement certification.

Does that inspector really think they are equal? Do they really have a right to pi** and moan because their pay isn't the same as an agent? Because they don't have a newer car? Now they are pissed off because their iPads are not as new?

Unregistered
    Agents should black to doing surveys and working cases. They should be doing very minimal inspections.
    Agent: Where is your license?
    Clerk: Over there on the wall.
    Agent: OK looks good. Sign here.
    Clerk: $2.59 for the Slim Jim.

Pretty "minimal" to me.

Unregistered
    Some of them get their panties in a wad over what the agents get and what they are paid. It is a fact of life. There is a reason inspectors get paid less than agents. Also, the agents aren't just getting iPads to do inspections. They are also going to use them to write reports, which most inspectors almost never do, and they're going to use them for surveys and arrest paperwork eventually.

You have agents with many years of law enforcement experience in addition to having over 10 years of sworn experience with ABT. They have four year college degrees, some have master's degrees, and let's not forget that little 800 hour police academy they need to pay to go through just to be certified for law enforcement work. Plus many have several hundred hours of advanced training and are instructors themselves. They are required to react, protect, and put their lives on the line whenever there is danger. They don't get to just call the local police like inspectors do. Or turn all late night inspections over to someone else because they don't want to work past 5:00 when they go home to smoke their medical marijuana. Oh and lets not forget the sworn element are required to respond to hurricanes while inspectors sit home and claim that administrative leave when there wasn't even any damage to their house or office.

On the flip side, we've got some inspectors with only 5 years experience , no college degree at all, barely got their high school diploma, prior arrest records that are more than just minor offenses (think felonies), no specialized or advanced training, and no law enforcement certification.

Does that inspector really think they are equal? Do they really have a right to pi** and moan because their pay isn't the same as an agent? Because they don't have a newer car? Now they are pissed off because their iPads are not as new?
    The agents here are all rejects from other departments. I’m not going to write a term paper like you. There are plenty of inspectors who are smarter than you agents and most are more productive. And we don’t go crying to our union about everything.

Unregistered
    I don’t know what goes on in your office but we actually do things

Unregistered
    Our inspectors got all mad cause the agents commented the inspections that haven’t been inspected in like 3 years. As if they’re ere saving them for something.

Unregistered
    Our inspectors got all mad cause the agents commented the inspections that haven’t been inspected in like 3 years. As if they’re ere saving them for something.
    I asked about a place that hadn't been inspected in a few years. I was told they didn't open till 5:00. WOW!

Unregistered

Term Paper Part 2

The agents here are all rejects from other departments. I’m not going to write a term paper like you. There are plenty of inspectors who are smarter than you agents and most are more productive. And we don’t go crying to our union about everything.
    I apologize for the length of this post, but I'm trying to have some meaningful discussion here instead of doing the usual finger pointing and bullying that goes on.

You totally missed my point. There are some inspectors who work and there are some agents who work and vice versa but that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about some inspectors crying because they think they should have everything the same as an agent. That's not how it works. If they want to do better for themselves, go get a college degree, go get advanced training, go put yourself through the police academy. Go put your a** on the line.

As for reject agents from other departments? Yeah we have some. You also have a lot of really good and talented agents here as well as some talented inspectors. It's like that at every agency and even at the federal level. People slip through the cracks and that is life. We even have people here straight out of the academy that are agents. Some of them really suck and have no business being cops. They wouldn't survive at another agency and they know it. You know what though? They still went and got that four year degree or master's degree. They still put themselves through that police academy for 800 hours. They still went and became instructors and got hundreds of hours of advanced training.

The biggest complainer and whiner in our office is one of our inspectors. That same person was offered a week-long investigative school for non sworn personnel and turned it down because they had a dental cleaning that week. Keep in mind, they were given about 3 months advance notice. Then they turned around and cried about having an older car. Not enough pay. The sad thing is that same person is reliable and actually does a good job most of the time. Unfortunately they've already been pegged as a chronic whiner and complainer by all of us and command staff.

Moral of the story... If you want more at this job or in life you are going to have to work for it. There are no handouts... for most of us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast