iPads for sworn
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPads for sworn

Unregistered

iPads for sworn

So why are LTs and Capts also getting iPads? Will they be required to do inspections as well?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So why are LTs and Capts also getting iPads? Will they be required to do inspections as well?
    So they can easily monitor your activity or lack of.

Unregistered
    We can even download things like Gaetz allegedly did and expand your romance opportunities.

Unregistered
    iPads r assigned to the position number and when the number is reclassified they will have the issued tool for the position. Just need to change shirts and away they go.

Unregistered
    Nope. All sworn are getting them including majors. They'll be able to schedule inspections and surveys. Monitor what we are doing, how long it takes, etc. They won't have to be in the office as much and they can do it from the field. Pretty soon we'll be able to do everything from the field. You'll have a wireless keyboard to use as well so you'll essentially have a laptop. Yeah the iPads won't have data plans and we'll have to hotspot off our phones, but I still think it's finally a step in the right direction.

I have to ask ...as an agent why wouldn't we want our supervisors to have all the tools they need at their disposal? Or are you worried they may find you cutting corners? We need to do our jobs and quit worrying about what everyone else and other offices are doing.

Anyway, I think it's pretty great they are giving us all iPads. I look forward to the future of ABT.

Unregistered
    I look forward to the future of ABT.
    Listen moron, you could be dodging intruders in the showers at Everglades CI soon for all you know. Save your propaganda for your wife.

Unregistered
    So now we can’t do Randoms our Lt will schedule our surveys???

Unregistered
    My LT made it very clear that their iPad will sit in a drawer

Unregistered
    So now we can’t do Randoms our Lt will schedule our surveys???
    The days of do what we want, when we want, where we want, how we want will soon be coming to an end. No longer will you be able to work ABT around your schedule. It will be the other way around. As mentioned previously, there are a select few around here you can blame for that. They took advantage of the system and somebody finally called the agency out for it. It's fine though, many of us want to work for a more professional and accountable agency. I for one am very thankful for JW. Finally someone who had the balls to call people out for their b*******.

Unregistered
    It takes 4 hours to drive from one end of my district to the other so now you want the LT to just wander around with an iPad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast