FRS. The beginning of the end. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No.

You can’t.
    Whoever wrote it won’t affect you just does not understand pensions, most probably someone from the PBA.
    If the influx of money dries up it most definitely affect those in the system as some point down the road. New money pumped into the FRS is what keeps pension checks flowing. In and out. But if you eliminate the in and continue the out guess what happens?

Unregistered
    Whoever wrote it won’t affect you just does not understand pensions, most probably someone from the PBA.
    If the influx of money dries up it most definitely affect those in the system as some point down the road. New money pumped into the FRS is what keeps pension checks flowing. In and out. But if you eliminate the in and continue the out guess what happens?
    You obviously don’t know either stupid. It’s contractual. The State of Florida must continue to pay the retirees. Only why they can stop is IF the State of Florida files for bankruptcy. Educate your self moron!

Unregistered
    Article 1 section 10 of the Florida Statutes clearly states that the FRS membership is a contractual obligation between the state and the employee. The Florida Supreme Court prohibited the legislature to change any conditions of the retirement system.Florida Supreme Court only allows any changes to be prospective, meaning in the future. In other words anyone hired before July 1. 2022 is exempt from SB 84, which by the way was approved and certified today 26 in favor and 16 against. With 22 more days of session left this bill is a sure thing unless Desantis veto it,not likely.
    You are an idiot. This not what this say. It say; SECTION 10. Prohibited laws.—No bill of attainder, ex post facto law or law impairing the obligation of contracts shall be passed. This does not say anything about FRS being contractual. Your pension is a BENEFIT. That is why they could require 3%. They can change it like any other benefit any time they please so long as they have support. I think the initiator of this thread has valid points and concerns. The only way to ensure continuity is for the PBA and other affected unions to lobby for it. This change though does not inspire confidence.

Unregistered
    You are an idiot. This not what this say. It say; SECTION 10. Prohibited laws.—No bill of attainder, ex post facto law or law impairing the obligation of contracts shall be passed. This does not say anything about FRS being contractual. Your pension is a BENEFIT. That is why they could require 3%. They can change it like any other benefit any time they please so long as they have support. I think the initiator of this thread has valid points and concerns. The only way to ensure continuity is for the PBA and other affected unions to lobby for it. This change though does not inspire confidence.

The issue is that the benefit can only be changed for accrued time going forward. Any benefit or time accrued in the past can not be changed.

If you’re retired, the State can not stop paying your benefit unless the entire State declares bankruptcy.

Even then, the billions in FRS would have to be used to continue making payments to members that are retired. It is not able to be used for other purposes. It is not the States money, but that of vested and retired members of FRS.

The problem going forward 20-30 years is if FRS falls short of its funding, the State will require, by law, that the Counties pay more money into FRS.

Unregistered
    The issue is that the benefit can only be changed for accrued time going forward. Any benefit or time accrued in the past can not be changed.

If you’re retired, the State can not stop paying your benefit unless the entire State declares bankruptcy.

Even then, the billions in FRS would have to be used to continue making payments to members that are retired. It is not able to be used for other purposes. It is not the States money, but that of vested and retired members of FRS.

The problem going forward 20-30 years is if FRS falls short of its funding, the State will require, by law, that the Counties pay more money into FRS.
    I hope you are correct. There have been several states that have had to alter retirees monthly pensions because of shortfalls. That money has to come from somewhere or be adjusted. Where do you think the counties will get it? I know in a perfect world either the state or the counties will pony up, but I fear this is the beginning of change and our generation of retirees are going to get pinched in the middle. We should think about that an prepare in case.

Unregistered
    I hope you are correct. There have been several states that have had to alter retirees monthly pensions because of shortfalls. That money has to come from somewhere or be adjusted. Where do you think the counties will get it? I know in a perfect world either the state or the counties will pony up, but I fear this is the beginning of change and our generation of retirees are going to get pinched in the middle. We should think about that an prepare in case.
    Either way I fear that the PBA, in particular, is not as aggressive as say the firefighters. Maybe the firefighters understand the pensions better but our voice,!if you will, is lame. That frightens me and my PO wife.

Unregistered
    Either way I fear that the PBA, in particular, is not as aggressive as say the firefighters. Maybe the firefighters understand the pensions better but our voice,!if you will, is lame. That frightens me and my PO wife.
    Either way, you need to seek help for your love affair of the PBA. You are nothing more than a LOSER!

Unregistered
    Either way, you need to seek help for your love affair of the PBA. You are nothing more than a LOSER!
    I was a loser by giving you my money for your to feed you fat sloppy face with my money. Then I quit the PBA, saves a great deal of money and became a winner. You guys suck big time. Useless.

Unregistered
    Time is coming

Unregistered
    I was a loser by giving you my money for your to feed you fat sloppy face with my money. Then I quit the PBA, saves a great deal of money and became a winner. You guys suck big time. Useless.
    Sure. What's your name than to verify you were even a member? Tic toc tic toc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast