Jared Moskowitz will be named Sheriff - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    3 different media sources put out 3 different articles about Tony within a few weeks.

Why all the bad publicity now?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    3 different media sources put out 3 different articles about Tony within a few weeks.

Why all the bad publicity now?
    Because the ambulance chaser lawyer Haddad is feeding all these stories to reporters to try to pressure Tony to settle her lawsuits against the agency. Reporters are lazy and it is just this simple.

Unregistered
    Because the ambulance chaser lawyer Haddad is feeding all these stories to reporters to try to pressure Tony to settle her lawsuits against the agency. Reporters are lazy and it is just this simple.

Some of ya’ll are complete morons. If you actually take the articles you’ll see the name of the investigator(s) & there sources. None of those sources were haddad. Put some fkn effort before you speak.

Unregistered
    Makes sense.... Scott Israel would win a short term special election
    Without a doubt! Bingo! Israel will be back and deserving so. DeSantis is a POS and will only serve one term. DeSantis is a true scumbag. I'm loving this circus!! Karma's a ***** isn't it!!

Unregistered
    Without a doubt! Bingo! Israel will be back and deserving so. DeSantis is a POS and will only serve one term. DeSantis is a true scumbag. I'm loving this circus!! Karma's a ***** isn't it!!
    Never thought of this happening but this could actually be true. Spoke with a great source who said, Watch out cause Israel is coming back.”

Unregistered
    Never thought of this happening but this could actually be true. Spoke with a great source who said, Watch out cause Israel is coming back.”
    Seriously, is this even possible? What is the timeline cutoff for a special election? Hasn't too much time already passed for that? I thought the governor would just put someone else in until 2024. Be safe.

Unregistered
    Seriously, is this even possible? What is the timeline cutoff for a special election? Hasn't too much time already passed for that? I thought the governor would just put someone else in until 2024. Be safe.
    Keep in mind that outside of Tony, Israel was trailing real close. Broward residents wanted Israel. We will have to SRD what happens. Remember this is all politics at best. I still feel Israel would be the best fit.

Unregistered
    Keep in mind that outside of Tony, Israel was trailing real close. Broward residents wanted Israel. We will have to SRD what happens. Remember this is all politics at best. I still feel Israel would be the best fit.
    I'm missing something. Sorry I'm slow. Is it possible that if toney is removed soon, that another election would be held? Or are we talking about having to wait until 2024? I'm not familiar with how Israel could have another run outside of waiting until 2024.

Unregistered
    I'm missing something. Sorry I'm slow. Is it possible that if toney is removed soon, that another election would be held? Or are we talking about having to wait until 2024? I'm not familiar with how Israel could have another run outside of waiting until 2024.
    DeSantis would would have to decide if he wanted a special election (within 60 ‐ 90 days) to replace Tony or he could let it wait until the midterm elections in 2022. Either way he would have to appoint someone to take over until the new sheriff could be elected. So yes some of you are correct Isreal could run again either in a special election or the midterm elections. The question DeSantis has to ask himself is does he wait until the midterm elections and have Isreal on the same ballot that he's on? I say probably not, there will be a special election.

Unregistered
    DeSantis would would have to decide if he wanted a special election (within 60 ‐ 90 days) to replace Tony or he could let it wait until the midterm elections in 2022. Either way he would have to appoint someone to take over until the new sheriff could be elected. So yes some of you are correct Isreal could run again either in a special election or the midterm elections. The question DeSantis has to ask himself is does he wait until the midterm elections and have Isreal on the same ballot that he's on? I say probably not, there will be a special election.
    I Disagree, the Governor will appoint someone to hold office as per statue until the general election, by that time that person will have the chance to either run or vacate to who ever wins in 2022.

My two cents is he will pick someone that has a chance of winning in Broward. Governor does not care about being on the ballot in Broward with Israel anyways, Desantis does not win in Broward, Broward is majority Democrat. Broward does not decide the Governors race , Period !!!!

There will not be a special election, the constitution does not require it and it has not been used for Sheriff’s in the past. Geese this will be the third Sheriff removed from the agency in just a short time.

Plus there is no need for a special election when there is another election in just over a year. I know the Israel supporters will answer back with a great hope of him coming back sooner, you will have to wait till next year, make it through the primaries and into the general election than we can discuss the possibility. Until than Israel will not be Sheriff of Broward County Again.

(114.04 Filling vacancies.—Except as otherwise provided in the State Constitution, the Governor shall fill by appointment any vacancy in a state, district, or county office, other than a member or officer of the Legislature, for the remainder of the term of an appointive officer and for the remainder of the term of an elective office, if there is less than 28 months remaining in the term; otherwise, until the first Tuesday after the first Monday following the next general election. With respect to any office which requires confirmation by the Senate, the person so appointed may hold an ad interim term of office subject to the provisions of s. 114.05. Each secretary or division director of a department of the executive branch, or the State Surgeon General, who is required by law to be appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate shall serve at the pleasure of the Governor, unless otherwise provided by law, and the appointment of such person shall run concurrently with the term of the Governor making the appointment. In the event a Governor is elected to a second term of office pursuant to s. 5, Art. IV of the State Constitution, each secretary or division director, or the State Surgeon General, so appointed shall be reappointed or, at the discretion of the Governor, replaced by a new appointee. Reappointments to the same office shall be subject to confirmation by the Senate as provided in s. 114.05.)

Election Dates for 2022 are:

Primary Election: August 23
    General Election: November 8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast