If you didn't live in...

Unregistered

If you didn't live in...

If you didn't live/work in Miami and had your choice of where to be a cop at ...where would you pick?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you didn't live/work in Miami and had your choice of where to be a cop ...where would you pick?
    The Miami Dade County Sheriff's Office, AKA MDPD!

Why?

Three times the sworn membership.
    Within a 30-year career, one could serve in multiple assignments, and still not serve in all entities within the agency.
    County-wide jurisdiction as Dade County's deputy sheriffs.
    Opportunity to work within the Miami International Airport and Seaport, in concert with Federal and State partners.
    Though No One Percent, a Florida Retirement System that is back by the full faith and credit of the State of Florida.
    Come 2024, serve under an elected Sheriff, functioning under the Statutory Authority Chapter 30 -- Sheriffs, and not the whims of "pantywaist" politicos and timid appointed city managers.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you didn't live/work in Miami and had your choice of where to be a cop ... where would you pick?
    What a sophomoric question!

Why not ask how can we stem the black-on-black violence in general and murder epidemic, in particular, that is ravaging most of our Nation's urban black communities? My former command, Houston, is one of the many examples.

To evaluate effectiveness, should police officers be required to "produce" arrests and citations as metrics for such assessment.

Should Miami Police Officers engage in effective, legal Stop and Frisk, following the Intent, Letter, and Spirit of FSS 901.151?

What would be an equitable percentage of sworn personnel allocations to Patrol, Investigations, and Administrative functions?

Unregistered
    And I thought you were gonna just say Hawaii.
    You're dedicated babe, I like that; why wasn't I assigned to your roster?