MI Police Chief crossed examined by Chauvin defense - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Speak for yourself!!! Chauvin must be your boy, not our boy When he murdered that subject, he crossed the line. That guy has embarrassed the badge. He deserves a long prison sentence for all of our sakes.
    Only an immature rookie uses words like “boy” to describe a profession. Grow up and turn off YouTube and clean yourself up.

Unregistered
    Not sure what type of case the defense will put on but in my opinion the defense attorney is going way to lightly on all the states witnesses. What you saw yesterday with the Chief’s testimony is exactly what cities and departments are aiming for when selecting someone to “lead” their department/agency. The effort to disassociate themselves with a “cops cop” as a leader is their main objective. The new City of Miami new chief is another example of this. Constructing and authoring policy to restrict their officers as opposed to protecting them from baseless claims and accusations. The defense needs to fight to save this officers life and in doing so needs to focus on the lack of experience and expertise of the states witnesses, which they are not doing. Opinions are being submitted as opposed to facts..

This trial regardless of the outcome is going to serve as the reason to either blame doe continued “Mis policing” or for wearing our position as a profession.

Instead of addressing the behavioral issues which led to the justified encounter and the Escalation of the situation by the subject, we use the outcome as the mechanism to invoke police brutality and systemic racism.

It’s unfortunate either way as one person is deceased, another is facing life in prison for doing his job, and a country is divided further than other while some take advantage of the incident for political and monetary gain.
    Since this incident occurred we have lost the little respect left we had from the people as well as lost the respect for each other with the racist BS we say and do to one another.

Derek Chauven was a white cop with his knee on the neck of a black drug addict name George Floyd.

Whether you like cops or not, whether you like black people or not, whether you give a damn about yourselves or not, this case will forever stain the badge of our profession.

If they find him guilty our profession suffers. If they find him not guilty our communities across this country will again burn, riots will continue, and unfortunately some cops may be injured or die doing there jobs.

Well before the trial started, liberal Democrat law makers passed HR 1280. It is a bold attack against our Qualified Immunity. All across the country Judges and State Legislators are stripping cops of their Qualified Immunity.

Congress named the Bill after "George Floyd." I do not know what the guy was thinking as he pressed down on that black neck and stared into those Cell phone cameras, but commonsense should kicked in that he was being videotaped and this was not going to go down good for anyone.

We all know when media is up to slow down on our tune-up. The most damaging witness thus far has been the fire paramedic white female who said she wanted to check his vitals and start chess compressions.

This idiot said no. His partner on video threatened to pepper spray the fire paramedic white female. Folks we can agree to disagree but this idiot and his damn knee has torn this country apart. George Floyd and his drug habits and life long crimes have torn this country apart. Like this response or not there is no dispute that in the eyes of a very anti-police environment, he knew or should have known this shit was going to fuc things up for himself and all police officers.

George Floyd should never had used a fake 20 dollar bill and committed a crime some of us will say. He should not have been a drug addict others may say. The problem with this shit is it was all caught on video and the damn body cameras are not a friend to law enforcement. The body cameras are there to make sure when you say you didn't do or say something, the body cameras will say "Oh yes you did do or say that officer."

Make no mistake about it this incident cost Trump his election, mobilized BLM movements, and caused Miami-Dade County Commissioners and Mayor Carlos Gimenez to approve a Citizens Review Panel to hurt our profession more.

29 years of this BS and I have seen in custody deaths, police shootings, small protests and riots but this Chauven case takes me back to Rodney King Riots in 1992.

Same BS that a black drug addict name Rodney King was high on his drugs driving crazy. He was pulled over and four white cops beat the shit out of him on video while 10 other cops watched.

History continues to repeat its self. While we all know George Floyd and his drug habits started this BS, it was Chauven and his famous knee smirking in the Cell phone video that escalated it and ultimately contributed to the death of this black male drug addict.

Your feed back and negative or positive replies can't change that got damn video footage from the citizens and officers.

There is no Rabbit to pull out of the hat on this one folks.

The jury will say not guilty the drugs killed him or guilty the white police officer killed him by keeping that knee on the drug addicts neck.

Alright it's time for Jack Daniels!

Unregistered
    Since this incident occurred we have lost the little respect left we had from the people as well as lost the respect for each other with the racist BS we say and do to one another.

Derek Chauven was a white cop with his knee on the neck of a black drug addict name George Floyd.

Whether you like cops or not, whether you like black people or not, whether you give a damn about yourselves or not, this case will forever stain the badge of our profession.

If they find him guilty our profession suffers. If they find him not guilty our communities across this country will again burn, riots will continue, and unfortunately some cops may be injured or die doing there jobs.

Well before the trial started, liberal Democrat law makers passed HR 1280. It is a bold attack against our Qualified Immunity. All across the country Judges and State Legislators are stripping cops of their Qualified Immunity.

Congress named the Bill after "George Floyd." I do not know what the guy was thinking as he pressed down on that black neck and stared into those Cell phone cameras, but commonsense should kicked in that he was being videotaped and this was not going to go down good for anyone.

We all know when media is up to slow down on our tune-up. The most damaging witness thus far has been the fire paramedic white female who said she wanted to check his vitals and start chess compressions.

This idiot said no. His partner on video threatened to pepper spray the fire paramedic white female. Folks we can agree to disagree but this idiot and his damn knee has torn this country apart. George Floyd and his drug habits and life long crimes have torn this country apart. Like this response or not there is no dispute that in the eyes of a very anti-police environment, he knew or should have known this shit was going to fuc things up for himself and all police officers.

George Floyd should never had used a fake 20 dollar bill and committed a crime some of us will say. He should not have been a drug addict others may say. The problem with this shit is it was all caught on video and the damn body cameras are not a friend to law enforcement. The body cameras are there to make sure when you say you didn't do or say something, the body cameras will say "Oh yes you did do or say that officer."

Make no mistake about it this incident cost Trump his election, mobilized BLM movements, and caused Miami-Dade County Commissioners and Mayor Carlos Gimenez to approve a Citizens Review Panel to hurt our profession more.

29 years of this BS and I have seen in custody deaths, police shootings, small protests and riots but this Chauven case takes me back to Rodney King Riots in 1992.

Same BS that a black drug addict name Rodney King was high on his drugs driving crazy. He was pulled over and four white cops beat the shit out of him on video while 10 other cops watched.

History continues to repeat its self. While we all know George Floyd and his drug habits started this BS, it was Chauven and his famous knee smirking in the Cell phone video that escalated it and ultimately contributed to the death of this black male drug addict.

Your feed back and negative or positive replies can't change that got damn video footage from the citizens and officers.

There is no Rabbit to pull out of the hat on this one folks.

The jury will say not guilty the drugs killed him or guilty the white police officer killed him by keeping that knee on the drug addicts neck.

Alright it's time for Jack Daniels!
    Lots of good points and understandable view however I will take issue with the following The term “tune up” has been out the window for decades and in case you haven’t seen the BWC this was anything but that. They never once struck him with a fist, open hand slap, or foot/boot to the body. He kicked them several times and they showed restraint by not striking him or even using foul language the physical interaction of the incident. They didn’t retaliate out of anger or frustration. In fact when the initial responding officers we approached him in the vehicle MR Floyd’s right hand isn’t visible and it appears it is either under the seat or near the center console, it’s out of camera view, it is then and only then the officer draws his weapon from the holstered position which it was upon initial contact and then raises his voice and drops a very subtle F bombs at him.

To make a comparison to the Rodney king incident is way off target. In that incident the officers struck him repeatedly with their PR-24’s as a group. Mr Floyd was never struck, suffered no abrasions, broken bones, lacerations, or trauma of any type to his body and furthermore the only restraints and necessary force used were handcuffs and the leg strap (hobble). Yes they should have gotten off his back once he stopped kicking and screaming. And sat him up against the vehicle. These officers didn’t intend to hurt him and definitely didn’t intend to kill him.

It has nothing to do with race, respect of life, or humanity.

I’m not Monday morning quarterbacking the officers but having seen the cases played out in court the defense has to push these state witnesses with the hope of pitting to rest this narrative that this was brutality and that they didn’t cause the death. Doesn’t mean his decision making won’t be judged.

I do agree this is a lose/lose for our profession and society.

Unregistered
    Lots of good points and understandable view however I will take issue with the following The term “tune up” has been out the window for decades and in case you haven’t seen the BWC this was anything but that. They never once struck him with a fist, open hand slap, or foot/boot to the body. He kicked them several times and they showed restraint by not striking him or even using foul language the physical interaction of the incident. They didn’t retaliate out of anger or frustration. In fact when the initial responding officers we approached him in the vehicle MR Floyd’s right hand isn’t visible and it appears it is either under the seat or near the center console, it’s out of camera view, it is then and only then the officer draws his weapon from the holstered position which it was upon initial contact and then raises his voice and drops a very subtle F bombs at him.

To make a comparison to the Rodney king incident is way off target. In that incident the officers struck him repeatedly with their PR-24’s as a group. Mr Floyd was never struck, suffered no abrasions, broken bones, lacerations, or trauma of any type to his body and furthermore the only restraints and necessary force used were handcuffs and the leg strap (hobble). Yes they should have gotten off his back once he stopped kicking and screaming. And sat him up against the vehicle. These officers didn’t intend to hurt him and definitely didn’t intend to kill him.

It has nothing to do with race, respect of life, or humanity.

I’m not Monday morning quarterbacking the officers but having seen the cases played out in court the defense has to push these state witnesses with the hope of pitting to rest this narrative that this was brutality and that they didn’t cause the death. Doesn’t mean his decision making won’t be judged.

I do agree this is a lose/lose for our profession and society.
    I would say I agree with 98 % of what you wrote. Well stated and for this you are commanded.

Where we disagree is why I pointed out Rodney King's Video Incident.

It is not the use of force of King v Floyd incident, but how the video footage caused worldwide riots and racial division. Maybe I should have pointed this out earlier.

In King's case the cops had no clue they were being filmed. However in Chauven's case he is looking right into the camera with that smirk with is hands in his pocket as to apply dead weight in the eyes of viewers or jurors.

You are correct their was no excessive use of force reference beating someone with a PR24, I agree. Hell to be frank Chauven did not choke out George Floyd with any hands, arms, or caradid maneuvers.

The other comparison I made was the old argument by the public that if any officer is doing what they believe to be wrong or excessive force, then the One's on the scene watching or protecting have a duty to intervene. This is why they went after the other 3 cops in Chauven's case.

In the Rodney King case they never charged any cops who were just standing around even though they had the footage it was no big deal if they were not the primary subject officers.

The three other officers from the Chauven case need to get the best damn civil Attorneys and sue the Minneapolis Police Department and State for 27 million dollars. None of the three ever put there knee on George Floyd's neck, nor taser, beat, or kicked George Floyd. They are no more then casualties of this current political environment.

None of them should have ever been charged with this incident and the three of them should be found not guilty. As for Chauven, I'm afraid he may be a Democrat Sacrificial Lamb.

The liberal media and certain communities in the public have already deemed him guilty regardless of the drug addict George Floyd's overdose, in which he contributed to his own death by taking all those drugs.

Chauven just wasn't thinking about the impact of Cell phone and Body Camera footage and technology when he put that knee on the neck of a drug addict already going through some type of overdose reaction when he was in their custody.

The public along with liberal lawmakers want to see this cop burn. However when this case is over all of law enforcement along with their policies and procedures will no doubt change to prosecute any cop for doing his or her job.

Just look at the immediate attack on our Qualified Immunity. Unfortunately this is the anti-police environment we live in.

All right buddy time for me to play some Jimmy Buffet and drank me a nice Margarita!

Unregistered
    Great comments. It's refreshing to read well thought out opinions from interested posters. Just a couple of points regarding the last two posts:

BWCs have been proven to favor police if the officer is doing the job correctly. Personal cameras can be edited or can present a biased view. For the most part, BWCs puts us in the POV of the officer. Chauvin's BWC "fell" so he lost his best witness able to testify in his favor.

In the Rodney King trial the officers who were just standing by looking were not charged because there was no legal or policy precedence that required an officer have the duty to intervene or react. Things are different now, so those other officers are in big trouble.

Unregistered
    Great comments. It's refreshing to read well thought out opinions from interested posters. Just a couple of points regarding the last two posts:

BWCs have been proven to favor police if the officer is doing the job correctly. Personal cameras can be edited or can present a biased view. For the most part, BWCs puts us in the POV of the officer. Chauvin's BWC "fell" so he lost his best witness able to testify in his favor.

In the Rodney King trial the officers who were just standing by looking were not charged because there was no legal or policy precedence that required an officer have the duty to intervene or react. Things are different now, so those other officers are in big trouble.
    I agree it’s nice to read some logical and job relevant posts. It’s a shame we’re so caught up with the day to day BS and forget about the basic fundamentals of our job and how fortunate we are. Reading a few previous comments reminds me of how many different positions there are and how knowledgeable some folks are and actually like their jobs. Keep the trial opinions coming both people and con.

Keep your heads down and handle your business.

Unregistered
    Evidence showed the doctors didn’t know how drugs with and he died of overdose. Democrats will still wanted guilty because riots will happen but those happen no matter what

Unregistered
    Evidence showed the doctors didn’t know how drugs with and he died of overdose. Democrats will still wanted guilty because riots will happen but those happen no matter what
    Rep & Dems have nothing to do with it. It’s about being a son of God, a human, a man, a parent, a cop. How about I pin your mother on the floor with my knee on her neck, just because I feel like it. How you like me now?

Unregistered
    Rep & Dems have nothing to do with it. It’s about being a son of God, a human, a man, a parent, a cop. How about I pin your mother on the floor with my knee on her neck, just because I feel like it. How you like me now?
    If your mom kicks me she’ll get the same thing. And spitting and spraying in me especially during COVID no hesitation.

You’re a troll not even an officer.

Unregistered
    RDF on standby for this when any verdict is read??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast