Police lights - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police lights

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    Here is the simple answer straight from the statute:

316.2397 Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.—(1) A person may not drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red, red and white, or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles provided in this section.

So, as long as you do not turn them on, you are absolutely legal. The other poster just mentioned that if they are looking for a police impersonator in your area, you could get stopped and questioned if your vehicle matches the description.

Mod 1

That is NOT correct information you are giving out. This legal opinion from the AG's office helps clear this up.

https://www.myfloridalegal.com/ago.n...256729004DD22B

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is NOT correct information you are giving out. This legal opinion from the AG's office helps clear this up.

Who cares! Have we forgotten that MB in TBROC is still married to an embezzler and that he is a SAC who has not been investigated by Tallahassee?

Unregistered
    Just spray paint "not a cop" on your car and you will be fine.

Unregistered
    No one want's to be a cop now days, not even the posers. It's more of a joke than anything now.

And asking FDLE agents about lights on a car is like asking Bruce Jenner about tampons.

Unregistered
    Who cares! Have we forgotten that MB in TBROC is still married to an embezzler and that he is a SAC who has not been investigated by Tallahassee?
    MB will get to retire before the thief goes to court! The legacy of this BS leadership team... sadly the next group is even worse

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

You are correct, I failed to take into consideration the 843 statute, as I didn't look that far. I have been retired a long time and I failed to recall that statute.

I don't know about cops today, but I guess there are some out there that even though the lights "appear" white and the wires are cut, would still give him a hard time. I could understand it if the the lights actually showed blue or were connected. But, that's just my opinion and not the statute.

My bad on the bad advice.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    You are correct, I failed to take into consideration the 843 statute, as I didn't look that far. I have been retired a long time and I failed to recall that statute.

I don't know about cops today, but I guess there are some out there that even though the lights "appear" white and the wires are cut, would still give him a hard time. I could understand it if the the lights actually showed blue or were connected. But, that's just my opinion and not the statute.

My bad on the bad advice.

Mod 1
    Mod 1 you're not wrong, that AG opinion from way back in 1999 is from an era when lights generally had colored lenses and appeared blue even when turned off. A clear LED with no blue color at all would meet the requirements of what this AG opinion is talking about, especially with them not even being functional.

Pulling someone over with clear LEDS and then making them turn them on is not going to be legally upheld. Unless you saw them activated you can't force a motorist to turn them on in order to cite them.

Unregistered
    Mod 1 you're not wrong, that AG opinion from way back in 1999 is from an era when lights generally had colored lenses and appeared blue even when turned off. A clear LED with no blue color at all would meet the requirements of what this AG opinion is talking about, especially with them not even being functional.

Pulling someone over with clear LEDS and then making them turn them on is not going to be legally upheld. Unless you saw them activated you can't force a motorist to turn them on in order to cite them.
    NO and No that is not correct! You obviously did not read the entire AG opinion did you??? You can't just make up your thoughts on it. read more. No you can't have blue lights even when they are off are clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12