BSO gets schooled again

Unregistered

BSO gets schooled again

Thank you IUPA for protecting us once again. It appears Fire Rescue has a lip lock around the Sheriff around his unmentionables.

To All Members,

The Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies Association would like to discuss a very important topic that could possibly have long lasting implications.

Last Week, the Broward Sheriff’s Office invited all “Union Presidents” to attend a meeting at the Public Safety Building. Despite being able and willing to attend, I was prevented from entering the building and attending the meeting addressed to “Union Presidents”. There was no offer for me to attend via Zoom. Other Union Presidents that attended told me the meeting was about vaccines.

Recently we received an email from Fire-Rescue’s IAFF President Jason Smith, with a proposed “draft” flyer from BSO promoting the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine that will be available from the Sheriff’s Office. We were asked for consent to use our Local Union Logo which, in effect, would be an endorsement for getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and for getting it from BSO. Both the Local 6020 and the International Union of Police Associations did not consent to using the Local or International Logos.

First and foremost, the Union will not involve itself in members’ choices to accept a vaccine from BSO, or not. This is an individual choice to be made by each member after consulting with a licensed medical professional who can answer any medical questions pertaining to the vaccine. These decisions more appropriately should be based upon CDC guidance, professional medical advice, pre-existing conditions, personal religious beliefs, family decisions and/or other personal concerns.

To be clear: Your Union is not trying to persuade you one way or the other regarding the COVID vaccination. We will support whatever decision YOU decide to make. As always, make your decision based on what is best for you and your family, after doing your own research and consulting with a medical professional.

Unregistered
    Why would Fire Rescue be involved in getting permission from unions instead of BSO?? Makes no sense

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would Fire Rescue be involved in getting permission from unions instead of BSO?? Makes no sense

I think fire rescue union was only bringing the message to their troops so they could decide on what was right for them. I don’t believe fire rescue union likes GT too much either. They play the long game