Retirement plan

Thread: Retirement plan

Unregistered

Retirement plan

Is the retirement plan good in this department?

Unregistered
    Yes it is!

Unregistered

Have Shovel, Will Travel

It was excellent!
    It's still good.
    It's going to get worse.

Unregistered
    It’s definitely not the best anymore... it’s WAS great, yearsssssss ago. If you aren’t putting money aside in you’re deferred now, expect to retire with less than you think. Only a certain amount of extra duty pay is counted towards your high averages now. Other departments have a better retirement.

Unregistered
    Look at Boca Raton PD, they have a great retirement with a 3.5% multiplier and I heard with they’re new contract they will be highest paid in the whole southeast!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look at Boca Raton PD, they have a great retirement with a 3.5% multiplier and I heard with they’re new contract they will be highest paid in the whole southeast!

Let’s see what their starting pay will be with this new contract. As of right now, Seminole PD is the highest agency in the Southeast with a starting salary of 70K.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And I stand corrected. I just checked their website and their starting salary is now 72K!!! They barely sat at 68K no more than 3 years their last contract. Amazing!!!!