Tampa vs Naples

Thread: Tampa vs Naples

Unregistered

Tampa vs Naples

How does TPD compare to Naples? Benefits/morale/off duty work/pay/equipment etc.

Unregistered
    Seriously? They are not even 1/3 our size we probably answer more calls in one night than they do in a month. All the above you mentioned is better in tampa with the exception of moral only because I have no clue how their moral is. Bet it’s a nice easy job though.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seriously? They are not even 1/3 our size we probably answer more calls in one night than they do in a month. All the above you mentioned is better in tampa with the exception of moral only because I have no clue how their moral is. Bet it’s a nice easy job though.
    Yes, Two completely different agencies. I doubt Naples even has 50 officers. Busy night there is probably rolling the millionaires trash cans up their driveway for them and maybe help
    a kid put his chain back in his bike.

Unregistered
    Since this post, I went and looked at them. They have a 5K hiring bonus and will help with relocation cost. It looks like they have a few people from the east coast that are in their command staff.

It may not be a bad place to work when you look at how this world is going.

Unregistered
    Since this post, I went and looked at them. They have a 5K hiring bonus and will help with relocation cost. It looks like they have a few people from the east coast that are in their command staff.

Certainly will probably be dealing with people who are pro police. That’s a bonus but pay and pension wise you will never even get close to TPD.

Unregistered
    Probably do one shooting every 5 years unlike here every night if not multiple in one night.

Unregistered

Check with Beverly Hills PD. Probably a lot of places you can dress up and pretend you’re a real cop.

Unregistered
    Check with Beverly Hills PD. Probably a lot of places you can dress up and pretend you’re a real cop.
    There are real cops in Minnesota and Atlanta, see how that has been working out for them. I think one of them is on trail in Minnesota this week. If you want to explore the "real cop" aspect just look around our own agency. How many of us are getting "real cop" pay and benefits but are hiding out in different spots.

We have Master Patrol Officers who have not been on the streets in years, in some cases eleven years.

So enjoy being a "real cop" when most of us with sense are trying to just make it to the finish line so we can enjoy our future away from law enforcement.

Unregistered

11 years???

I’m sold! The mpo’s at my agency are the same way. Those that play the game and those that are jealous about how the game is played. Can’t be concerned with the slugs. 🤣