Silent warriors

Thread: Silent warriors

Unregistered

Silent warriors

I tired to post this in the other thread but I feel this is pretty important to remember. We have deputies who love to trash other deputies for the positions they hold at the Sheriffs Office or the experience they have and put themselves up on a pedestal because they get to wear a TAC vest to work, or because they have a cool job title. You have deputies like Sullivan, Treadwell and Bentley who were actual special operations in the military, saw actual combat and had years of actual training. Sullivan and Bentley were both SRD’s at one point. I’m not saying special operations military makes you the best cop in the world but for those deputies who like to be loud and proud about everything they have accomplished on the streets of Seminole County, just remember the ones who you shit on and the ones who remain humble like these three are the ones you will want when shit hits the fan. Stay humble and support your brothers and sisters in blue.

C.Bentley

Well.....haha

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I tired to post this in the other thread but I feel this is pretty important to remember. We have deputies who love to trash other deputies for the positions they hold at the Sheriffs Office or the experience they have and put themselves up on a pedestal because they get to wear a TAC vest to work, or because they have a cool job title. You have deputies like Sullivan, Treadwell and Bentley who were actual special operations in the military, saw actual combat and had years of actual training. Sullivan and Bentley were both SRD’s at one point. I’m not saying special operations military makes you the best cop in the world but for those deputies who like to be loud and proud about everything they have accomplished on the streets of Seminole County, just remember the ones who you shit on and the ones who remain humble like these three are the ones you will want when shit hits the fan. Stay humble and support your brothers and sisters in blue.

Since I was name dropped I will respond. First of all of, why are people so scared to hide their name? John B isn’t cowering behind “ unregistered user”. Here’s what I will say about this post. Every cop is most likely gonna be some type of “Type A” personality which is great. I think it’s great to feel like you are the biggest badass around. Having confidence is awesome. Where it becomes a problem is when those people put themselves above others. Nobody is above anybody else. Every position has its role. Using the military as an example. The missions I took part in would not be possible without the cooks to give us food, the techs to make sure our radios worked, and the truck drivers who delivered our mail and supplies. People who are close to me know what position I held in the military cause I’m proud of it and I worked hard to achieve it but I won’t ever say I’m better than someone because that’s not true. I was a SRD because I was best for my family and I had an awesome chain of command who had my back. You will always have those deputies who think they are hot shit and better than everyone else because they are in a specialized unit or because they have made 2,000 drug arrest. Who cares?! Are you able to do your job effectively? Will you be there to protect your brothers and sisters. For those of you who think you are the baddest person around, just remember there is someone always more badass than you.

JOHN BERTHOLF

Silent warriors

Well said, bentley....stay green everyone!