Hiring

Thread: Hiring

Unregistered

Hiring

I saw on another LE forum that TPD is extremely difficult to get into, and they are very picky. Basically the OP said if you're not an experienced LEO/and or vet with a degree, don't bother. Any truth to this? Id like to take EoT in the next year or so and apply but don't want to waste time/money. Also, what is the current hiring outlook over the next few years?

Thanks for your time, and be safe everyone.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I saw on another LE forum that TPD is extremely difficult to get into, and they are very picky. Basically the OP said if you're not an experienced LEO/and or vet with a degree, don't bother. Any truth to this? Id like to take EoT in the next year or so and apply but don't want to waste time/money. Also, what is the current hiring outlook over the next few years?

So your saying you have experience? You say you’re looking at taking the comparative compliance for the Academy you must have experience in order to do that. It is competitive however they take experience and we take a lot that have no experience I would put in you’ll never know if you don’t do it.

Unregistered

Let’s be frank.... if you don’t have a degree and/or military service.... experience,..... why would we hire you over candidates that have those?

I. The end it is ONLY hard to get hired here if you are a white make.... the numbers prove that. We are totally obsessed and focused on hire blacks, Hispanics and females.

Unregistered
    So your saying you have experience? You say you’re looking at taking the comparative compliance for the Academy you must have experience in order to do that. It is competitive however they take experience and we take a lot that have no experience I would put in you’ll never know if you don’t do it.
    I got the impression from the post that the dude didn't get hired and was bitter but he put in the post that Tampa is only interested in former special forces guys and if you're not that with a degree, don't bother.