St. Pete vs. Tampa - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello everyone. I wasn't sure where to post this, so I went with Tampa as it is a larger department. I'm a cop up North, and am thinking about moving down to the Tampa Bay region for a number of reasons. The two main departments I'm considering applying to are Tampa and St. Pete. I know St. Pete takes a little longer for a pension, and pay seems comparable at both. Looking at the schedules, they both seem decent. I'm just wondering if someone on here can give some insight as to if one department is better than the other, or highlight some differences between the two. Thanks for your help. Be safe.
    Good luck, Just know there’s A LOT of competition. There are probably a dozen HCSO deputies actively trying to get hired here and I know one Trooper. I’d think Pasco and Pinellas has a bunch trying to get over here too. If I were you I stay wherever you are before I’d go to St. Pete. You can’t win over there.

Unregistered
    Hello everyone. I wasn't sure where to post this, so I went with Tampa as it is a larger department. I'm a cop up North, and am thinking about moving down to the Tampa Bay region for a number of reasons. The two main departments I'm considering applying to are Tampa and St. Pete. I know St. Pete takes a little longer for a pension, and pay seems comparable at both. Looking at the schedules, they both seem decent. I'm just wondering if someone on here can give some insight as to if one department is better than the other, or highlight some differences between the two. Thanks for your help. Be safe.
    If you vote Democrat please stay away. We don’t need to become like the state your fleeing.

Unregistered
    If you vote Democrat please stay away. We don’t need to become like the state your fleeing.
    There's a reason I'm leaving that state.

Unregistered
    Good luck, Just know there’s A LOT of competition. There are probably a dozen HCSO deputies actively trying to get hired here and I know one Trooper. I’d think Pasco and Pinellas has a bunch trying to get over here too. If I were you I stay wherever you are before I’d go to St. Pete. You can’t win over there.
    That's kind of where I'm leaning given the advice I've received: shoot my shot with TPD.

Unregistered

Life in the Green Pasture

Interesting comment made earlier about people leaving SPPD for TPD and not the other way got me thinking. After over twenty years I can’t think of one. Not one single person that left TPD for any surrounding agency. Ever. That’s just me though. Does anybody know one? Not including those fired, forced out or some had some other “issue” they were running from that caused them to leave. Just one person that left solely based on the work environment, pay or benefits.

Unregistered
    do not go to st pete

Unregistered
    Everyone says go to TPD and not St. Pete, but why? What's wrong with that department? Or what is right about Tampa?

Unregistered
    Thanks guys. I take the EOT at Gulf Coast State in May, and I'm excited to begin the process.

I work at a pretty great department, but the city in general has gone nowhere in the past 30 years and it will only get worse in the next 30. My wife gets paid horribly for what she does, and would see an increase in Tampa.

I really appreciate the advice.
    I took my EOT there. It was a pretty good school then and it appears to have been upgraded and updated a bunch. Good luck! Get to TPD as soon as you can, you won't regret it.

Unregistered
    I took my EOT there. It was a pretty good school then and it appears to have been upgraded and updated a bunch. Good luck! Get to TPD as soon as you can, you won't regret it.
    I'm glad to hear something good about the program. If you don't mind me asking, did the class prepare you for the state exam?

Unregistered

Curious

There's a reason I'm leaving that state.
    What state ya coming from.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast