St. Pete vs. Tampa
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

St. Pete vs. Tampa

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure where to post this, so I went with Tampa as it is a larger department. I'm a cop up North, and am thinking about moving down to the Tampa Bay region for a number of reasons. The two main departments I'm considering applying to are Tampa and St. Pete. I know St. Pete takes a little longer for a pension, and pay seems comparable at both. Looking at the schedules, they both seem decent. I'm just wondering if someone on here can give some insight as to if one department is better than the other, or highlight some differences between the two. Thanks for your help. Be safe.

Unregistered
    You would be a complete moron if you went to St Pete... anyone who tells you different is intentionally trying to steer you in the wrong direction

Unregistered
    I really appreciate the straight forward response!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You would be a complete moron if you went to St Pete... anyone who tells you different is intentionally trying to steer you in the wrong direction
    Yes, I totally agree. Both departments have their fair share of problems but Tampa is by far the better choice. Good luck sir/ma’am

Unregistered
    And the way... we have dozens of officers at TPD who started their careers at St Pete. Literally dozens. In my lengthy TPD career I cannot think of one single officer that went from TPD to St Pete. We have better pay, better pension (by far), and its overall a much better atmosphere. There are crappy things about every agency but you come to realize there is no perfect place. This truly is the greenest pasture possibly in all of Florida. Good luck and hope you make the right call.

Unregistered
    Thanks guys. I take the EOT at Gulf Coast State in May, and I'm excited to begin the process.

I work at a pretty great department, but the city in general has gone nowhere in the past 30 years and it will only get worse in the next 30. My wife gets paid horribly for what she does, and would see an increase in Tampa.

I really appreciate the advice.

Unregistered
    Go to the fire academy.

Unregistered
    Tpd all day

Unregistered
    Alrighty. That's where I'll apply. I am grateful for all of the guidance shared here.

Unregistered

1s

Law Enforcement is not the way to go.

Go to school and become an electrician or plumber.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast