St. Pete vs. Tampa - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like you can’t handle the S.O. life and need the soft life of a PD. Sheriffs do rule tough but they also do good shitz for their people and the tools to do the job are way better. You sound like you need a union and Mayor to cry to and can’t handle the strong Sheriff way. I’ve had both and thinking of going back to the S.O. The PD thing is so much BS and yea pay is better but pay way more into the pension and this stupid azz Mayor has fked this place up!!
    Now that is funny. Did I offend you little star man? How many Tampa PD officers have transferred to the sheriff's offices around the Tampa Bay area? I can assure you there are hundreds of deputies from Pacso, Pinellas, Hillsborough and Polk county who came over to Tampa PD. Nice try, now when you get into that pursuit you will be scolded for, we will take it over as usual. No agency is perfect, be we run circles around you when it comes to actual police work and pay. Good luck with that 30 year retirement.

Unregistered
    What equipment does the SO have that’s better than the PD? V8s in your new Tahoe’s to corral felons into the city so we can pursue and catch them for you? Like EVERYONE else said, nobody leaves TPD for HCSO by choice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What equipment does the SO have that’s better than the PD? V8s in your new Tahoe’s to corral felons into the city so we can pursue and catch them for you? Like EVERYONE else said, nobody leaves TPD for HCSO by choice.
    I have to second this. It’s the other way around. Everyone is leaving the SO’s trying to make it into TPD. I am one of those people. Even though I am dreading starting over, you can’t beat what they have to offer. I’ll take pay and benifits over equipment any day. Hope to be in the city soon.

Unregistered
    Have any of you Tampa guys come from high paying departments up North? Was it worth the jump?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345