Captain...outside Hire?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Captain...outside Hire?

Does anyone know if the posted captain position is truly open to outside applicants or if it has been posted to "appear" more fair ? To clarify ...would it be worth it to apply of is the position already internally taken. . . Probably not the best place to ask but I doubt an agency would answer such a question on a cold call from an outsider. My buddy would be perfect for this but don't want to get his hopes up.

Unregistered
    Rumor is the big man has his eyes set on someone from the outside. I guess the new captain can't handle the work load lol.

Unregistered
    Who is “the big guy” looking at?

Unregistered
    Not sure but I hear the pay is 80 grand. That is pretty good money for a new Captain of our size department.

Unregistered
    That position is for BD, since he won’t be chief

Unregistered
    Even if they hire a new chief he will just go right back to his Deputy Chief position. Haters lol

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Even if they hire a new chief he will just go right back to his Deputy Chief position. Haters lol
    Not necessarily, that’s an at will position. His position is not guaranteed.

Unregistered
    What are the requirements to be a candidate for the Chief position. I am about to retire in the FRS and I’m still too young to fully retire.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are the requirements to be a candidate for the Chief position. I am about to retire in the FRS and I’m still too young to fully retire.
    You must be good at decorating and blowing smoke up peoples aces.

Unregistered
    I vote John McKee for the position. He’s the best. Plus he’s a TT so that makes him even better qualified for the position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast