FHP Academy Questions (Troopers only, no trolling)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

FHP Academy Questions (Troopers only, no trolling)

Hello, I am currently attending a local police academy and in the application process with FHP. I have a few questions regarding FHP's academy.

1) Does the TRC academy get "smoked" like the first day recruits?

2) Does FHP only run for PT? if so, How many miles?

3) What's the dorms like at the academy?

4) What exactly does the TRC academy do while in the academy?

5) How is the cafeteria food at the academy?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello, I am currently attending a local police academy and in the application process with FHP. I have a few questions regarding FHP's academy.

1) Does the TRC academy get "smoked" like the first day recruits? NO

2) Does FHP only run for PT? if so, How many miles? Yes....just depends.

3) What's the dorms like at the academy? Okay, but not the Taj Mahal. Very basic. Bed, bath, shower and toilet.

4) What exactly does the TRC academy do while in the academy? Since you have never worked the road, you will cover the high liability areas.

Institutional food....very average at best.

Unregistered
    I dont mind going to the academy and doing all the stuff there but I need my own room. I cant bunk with other people, they will keep me awake. What type of accomodations do they have? I can get a doctors note stating that I need my own room. Thanks

Unregistered
    I’m sorry man. You must be confused about how the academy “accommodations” are. You WILL share a room, with many recruits!! I’m actually going to be a counselor there in a couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to you sending your doctor’s note to the academy and being there when the staff reads it and loses their mind!!! Your expectations are beyond normal. If you are granted “special treatment” in the academy, you will stick out like a sore thumb. And that is not a good thing. Just saying....

(Question Poster)
    Thank you for the responses! Maybe I’ll be able to meet you while attending the academy. I have some follow up questions.

You stated it depends for how many miles the academy runs. What’s the Average miles they run? And What’s the most miles they ran there?

I know I’ll be doing high liabilities at the police academy I’m attending, would I have to redo them with FHP? Or does FHP teach you other high liabilities other than Firearms, DT, Vehicle Ops, and First Aid?

For Gradation, do you get your assigned a take home vehicle? Or do you wait until after FTO?

What’s FTO like for FHP?

**I am not the person asking for special treatment lol**

Unregistered
    For "Gradation" they let you go on the boob mobile and pick out some kid's books

Unregistered

1) Does the TRC academy get "smoked" like the first day recruits?

2) Does FHP only run for PT? if so, How many miles?

3) What's the dorms like at the academy?

4) What exactly does the TRC academy do while in the academy?

The fact that you are worried about the PT and are asking about the food tell me everything I need to know about you, Fatbody!

Unregistered
    The fact that you are worried about the PT and are asking about the food tell me everything I need to know about you, Fatbody!
    I am not worried about the PT, I just like to know what I am getting myself into. The only reason I asked about how many miles the FHP Academy runs is because I have heard they run 7-10 miles. I can run 3 miles no problem but I haven’t ever tried 7-10 miles. Also, I asked about the food because I am kind of a picky eater due to only eating Organic/non-GMO foods (which I know the FHP academy probably won’t have).

Unregistered

Gezzzzz

I am not worried about the PT, I just like to know what I am getting myself into. The only reason I asked about how many miles the FHP Academy runs is because I have heard they run 7-10 miles. I can run 3 miles no problem but I haven’t ever tried 7-10 miles. Also, I asked about the food because I am kind of a picky eater due to only eating Organic/non-GMO foods (which I know the FHP academy probably won’t have).
    Your probably going to ask for a Prius also. Organic non GMO. 🙄

Unregistered
    Lol never!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast