Trooper life - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trooper life

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here’s my two cents on the agency. FHP is what you make of it. If you do your job and mind your business you will do just fine. Plenty of opportunities to make extra cash but remember you’ll always be working. I do live very comfortably and within my means. money isn’t the issue for me with this job.. the issue is the UNDERSTAFFING.... when you take a x8 and you have 15-20 crashes holding each day with two other Troopers to help.. That s*** takes a toll mentally.. There is no time to be proactive since you are 65ing all night. I understand there are only a certain amount of slots for each county, but when people are waiting 6-7 hours for a Trooper that’s a problem. Command staff knows the issue but nothing gets done because this has been a problem for this county for years...
    Which county are you in?

Unregistered
    Which county are you in?
    Pasco (Troop C)

Unregistered
    I am curious, why don't you try to transfer to another county?

I am going to try to get into Troop L or K (for my wish list) and then transfer to one of the counties that include extra pay.

Unregistered
    I am curious, why don't you try to transfer to another county?

I am going to try to get into Troop L or K (for my wish list) and then transfer to one of the counties that include extra pay.
    Because then I would be part of the problem. It’s a good county to work. Just needs staffing help.

Unregistered
    That’s probably why Pasco County gets the extra pay.

Unregistered
    We might be zone partners in the future. I plan to transfer to Hillsborough, Pinellas, or Pasco after two years in Troop L or K.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123