FHP Academy Questions (Troopers only, no trolling)

Current Applicant

FHP Academy Questions (Troopers only, no trolling)

Hello Troopers, I am currently attending a local police academy right now but am processing to be a Trooper with FHP.

Questions:

What is PT like at the academy? Does FHP only run? How long are the runs?

What is the academy life like for the TRC academy class? (That's the class I will be joining once certified)

Do I have to go through a "smoke session" like the first day recruits?

Whats the dorms like?

What's the cafeteria like at the FHP academy? (do they serve decent food?)

Thank you for your time and help. I like to know what I am getting myself into ahead of time.

Unregistered
    We still know it’s you, Fatbody. Just because you started another thread and rephrased the same questions doesn’t mean you are going to get different answers.

Unregistered
    I went through the academy in 2013 so take this with a grain of salt, I'm not sure if everything is still the same.

PT is every morning. They alternate between runs and work outs. We used to run up to about 7 miles, depending in which instructor was leading the run. The workouts on gym days were generally not intense at all. Work out on your own time if you want to see results.

The first week as TRC you will absolutely get smoked. So be prepared to knock out pushups. Afterwards you will integrate into the BRC platoon already there and the hazing won't be as bad. But you will still follow their strict regiment and rules, such as no TV in the dorms, marching in formation, no talking during meal time, the whole nine yards.

You will have roommates in the dorms. How many depends on which building they put you in. The rooms are small and have little space for personal effects.

The food was ok. Mostly southern food if they still use the same caterer. Some days it sucked, others it was good. Probably matters on your own personal tastes.

Good luck

Unregistered
    Thanks for these answers, my brother was looking for it! And I'm thinking about getting an education in sociology. I wanted to study sociology because of the situation with regards to shooting at school or near a school in the United States happens very often. After all, schools and colleges would have to be protected from such attacks. Recently, I read the free essay samples on this page and learned many other nuances from other resources. For example, that the measures taken to protect students can sometimes even violate civil or human rights. So why is school shooting so easy until now?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for these answers, my brother was looking for it! And I'm thinking about getting an education in sociology. I wanted to study sociology because of the situation with regards to shooting at school or near a school in the United States happens very often. After all, schools and colleges would have to be protected from such attacks. Recently, I read the free essay samples on this page and learned many other nuances from other resources. For example, that the measures taken to protect students can sometimes even violate civil or human rights. So why is school shooting so easy until now?
    If you're serious, then you should pick another career. No disrespect, but you sound very soft and impressionable. Sociology is an easy A, but you'll come out of college a brainwashed imbecile.
    You won't find any answers to law enforcement, public safety, or even civil rights in a sociology class. Sociology in academia is dominated by cop-hating liberals who know nothing about protecting the public. They view criminals as victims and police as racist oppressors. They'll blame school shootings on guns and republicans rather than blame the aimless incel who actually does the shooting.

Smart Asians who can't get into good colleges because of affirmative action is a civil rights violation that often gets overlooked. Forcing students to learn from home, wear masks, and get vaccines are human right violations too.

Unregistered

asbestos

Quote Originally Posted by Current Applicant View Post
    Hello Troopers, I am currently attending a local police academy right now but am processing to be a Trooper with FHP.

Questions:

What is PT like at the academy? Does FHP only run? How long are the runs?

What is the academy life like for the TRC academy class? (That's the class I will be joining once certified)

Do I have to go through a "smoke session" like the first day recruits?

Whats the dorms like?

What's the cafeteria like at the FHP academy? (do they serve decent food?)

Thank you for your time and help. I like to know what I am getting myself into ahead of time.
    No trolling. Only facts. I love FHP and never berate my fellow Troopers. You will be staying at the non asbestos buildings at the FHP academy in Havana. You will not have the opportunity to be exposed to copious amounts of asbestos like Troopers and staff who were subject to constant asbestos exposure for months at 2908 Ridgeway Street in Tallahassee. That location was the “old” FHP Academy, closed down approx 2009 , later condemned by the health department. Asbestos exposure is really bad for your health as it turns out…who knew…(besides the state).

You should have a good learning experience at the FHP Havana academy. I think the one instructor that was sleeping with the recruits is gone so no more night playtime. In all seriousness, take the academy and all classes seriously. It’s dangerous out there for Troopers these days. The staff at the FHP academy are excellent. Training is great. Almost nothing negative comes from that Havana FHP academy. The food is so so. It is what it is. Dorms are nice. It’s just like any other academy but with more military flair if that makes any sense. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No trolling. Only facts. I love FHP and never berate my fellow Troopers. You will be staying at the non asbestos buildings at the FHP academy in Havana. You will not have the opportunity to be exposed to copious amounts of asbestos like Troopers and staff who were subject to constant asbestos exposure for months at 2908 Ridgeway Street in Tallahassee. That location was the “old” FHP Academy, closed down approx 2009 , later condemned by the health department. Asbestos exposure is really bad for your health as it turns out…who knew…(besides the state).

You should have a good learning experience at the FHP Havana academy. I think the one instructor that was sleeping with the recruits is gone so no more night playtime. In all seriousness, take the academy and all classes seriously. It’s dangerous out there for Troopers these days. The staff at the FHP academy are excellent. Training is great. Almost nothing negative comes from that Havana FHP academy. The food is so so. It is what it is. Dorms are nice. It’s just like any other academy but with more military flair if that makes any sense. Good luck.
    Thanks for the good response. Hopefully we won't have to wear masks at the academy.
    I just wish they send out offers soon, considering that they cancelled the last BRC academy.
    I feel like a fool waiting for FHP this whole time. My family and references keep telling me to seek another department.