We are right back where we started

Unregistered

We are right back where we started

I’m getting ready to retire so I won’t matter to me but I wish to wake up the younger officers. Some May remember and other won’t have a clue of what I’m about to mention but here goes:

We left the PBA some time ago because the PBA sucked- pure and simple. Captain James Biardi was the PBA head at the time. Then we came back which the PBA did get us a raise but as soon as they got us back they went right back to the old days and they suck-pure and simple. Guess what- Captain James Biardi is in charge once again.
    Unless we can break the cycle and have someone other than Captain Biardi negotiate for us we will be right back to where we started when we got rid of the PBA last time.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m getting ready to retire so I won’t matter to me but I wish to wake up the younger officers. Some May remember and other won’t have a clue of what I’m about to mention but here goes:

We left the PBA some time ago because the PBA sucked- pure and simple. Captain James Biardi was the PBA head at the time. Then we came back which the PBA did get us a raise but as soon as they got us back they went right back to the old days and they suck-pure and simple. Guess what- Captain James Biardi is in charge once again.
    Unless we can break the cycle and have someone other than Captain Biardi negotiate for us we will be right back to where we started when we got rid of the PBA last time.
    The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing but expecting a different result.

The true mission of unions and bureaucracies is to create ways to suck more money out of their members' paychecks. If you guys have not figured that out yet you are hopelessly lost.

Unregistered
    Florida is a Right to Work state. All the unions are useless...

Unregistered
    The last person that was fighting for the workers was Phil Coty. And I think they finally fired him a couple years ago.

Unregistered

What you don't understand is that PBA, FOP whatever the flavor of the month is, are not "Unions." They are "Collective Bargaining Units." There is a huge difference. Florida is not a union state like New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc. Florida is what we call a "Right to Work" State. That actually means the opposite of what it sounds like. "Right to Work" states are employer friendly. Unions, in the common sense of the word, are prohibited in Florida. For example, Union States allow employees to strike as a tool in bargaining for better pay and working conditions. Right to Work states like Florida, prohibit that. For this very reason, the PBA (like any other Collective Bargaining Unit) has very limited ability to negotiate for your pay and working conditions. This is why it seems to you like the PBA "sucks pure and simple." It's not that they suck, it's just that their hands are tied. They are extraordinarily limited in their abilities and have very little leverage to bargain with.

Unregistered
    What you don't understand is that PBA, FOP whatever the flavor of the month is, are not "Unions." They are "Collective Bargaining Units." There is a huge difference. Florida is not a union state like New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc. Florida is what we call a "Right to Work" State. That actually means the opposite of what it sounds like. "Right to Work" states are employer friendly. Unions, in the common sense of the word, are prohibited in Florida. For example, Union States allow employees to strike as a tool in bargaining for better pay and working conditions. Right to Work states like Florida, prohibit that. For this very reason, the PBA (like any other Collective Bargaining Unit) has very limited ability to negotiate for your pay and working conditions. This is why it seems to you like the PBA "sucks pure and simple." It's not that they suck, it's just that their hands are tied. They are extraordinarily limited in their abilities and have very little leverage to bargain with.
    "Right to work" means anyone has a right to work and cannot be forced to join a union to do so.

Whatever you want to call them, FOP and PBA are a total waste of money and useless to negotiate pay and benefits. This has been proven over and over again. Only fools give them their hard earned money.

Unregistered
    The last person that was fighting for the workers was Phil Coty. And I think they finally fired him a couple years ago.
    No matter what you call it, the power's that be at PBA are in bed with the central office. And we do not have a loud voice like that Coty guy. He dud not care what foots he stepped on.

Unregistered
    No matter what you call it, the power's that be at PBA are in bed with the central office. And we do not have a loud voice like that Coty guy. He dud not care what foots he stepped on.
    As soon as someone gets out of line they push him out because they are all in bed together.

Unregistered
    As soon as someone gets out of line they push him out because they are all in bed together.
    Why would anyone pay PBA money? Hey everyone, time to get out the word. Quit PBA and let's watch them go broke.

Unregistered
    Would you pay for a useless car? Useless tv? Then why do you pay for a useless organization? I quit and gave myself an instant raise