Raises??? Loss of specialty pay??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Good afternoon,

My name is Mark Nelson and I am a Labor Relations Business Agent with IUPA. I am recently retired after 30 years from Toledo Ohio Police. My old union in Toledo has IUPA as their parent union and the benefit of having them was incredibly great. We received tremendous support from them. IUPA can provide help with contract negotiations, legal protection and assistance, research and public information support. The LDF program is the best in the country.

We have other Sheriff Depts that are part of IUPA and we understand your concerns when working at a county agency. The added benefit for your department is that we are located right here in Sarasota, so anything you need we are able to provide immediate assistance.

I am willing to do multiple presentations for all the deputies on varying shifts so everyone can see and hear the benefits of joining with us. No smoke and mirrors, just straight up facts on what IUPA has to offer. You then decide if joining is the way you all want to go. This would be YOUR union, but IUPA would be your voice to help you get what you deserve.

If any of you know officers from Sarasota PD, give them a call. They can tell you the tremendous benefits IUPA has to offer and how much better they are with IUPA. Feel free to reach out to me and let's get Sarasota County SO moving in the right direction. Not just one part of the SO, or new hires, but all the employees of your department.

Stay safe,

Mark Nelson
    IUPA
    markn@iupa.org
    941-487-2560

Unregistered

Great idea

I think the union is a great idea. One thing I have seen over the last 10 years is a huge disconnect between deputies and Captains and above. The old days of staff interacting with deputies is long gone. The last administration ruled through fear and anyone who dissented from the Agency line got punished. We have lost everything the old union fought hard to get us. I would love for IUPA to come give a presentation. Too bad we don't have briefings anymore. Briefings are good for moral.

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think the union is a great idea. One thing I have seen over the last 10 years is a huge disconnect between deputies and Captains and above. The old days of staff interacting with deputies is long gone. The last administration ruled through fear and anyone who dissented from the Agency line got punished. We have lost everything the old union fought hard to get us. I would love for IUPA to come give a presentation. Too bad we don't have briefings anymore. Briefings are good for moral.

I could set up presentations here at the IUPA building, so it wouldn't be too far for you all to come here either before shift or after. We have a meeting room that can hold approx. 40-50 people. If it appears the groups would be bigger than that, we can rent out a larger room to do so. Get talking with each other and have someone contact me so I can get the information presented to you. That way you all can make the best decision for each other.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We need a person from the outside to rep us. People that work here can easily be intimidated. We need somebody who has no fukks to give about staff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12