Camera proposals - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Yeah, I get it. Cops should be robots. But here's a newsflash.... they aren't. And expecting them to be is unrealistic. You either aren't in law enforcement or are one of those so out of touch with the realities of policing, you shouldn't be making these type decisions.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, I get it. Cops should be robots. But here's a newsflash.... they aren't. And expecting them to be is unrealistic. You either aren't in law enforcement or are one of those so out of touch with the realities of policing, you shouldn't be making these type decisions.
    Admitting that there are internal issues, is the very first step in recovering from your agencies tarnished name. LPD has been the center of attention among Florida’s LE corruption for a very long time now, and the fact that FDLE hasn’t shut the doors yet is utterly shocking.

So, how about this; Instead of blaming your community for holding you accountable, by use of BWC, take a deeper look as to why you will be wearing one in the first place...hmm, maybe the community lacks trust in your department, stemming from the years of confirmed lies, corruption, double standards and misuse of authority. My best advice for you, is to stop blaming the community for your departments poor ethics, and start taking accountability for the mistakes that “you” are responsible for. Nothing robotic about it, it’s just reality.

Unregistered
    So we go from an officer should control their emotions more to cameras are either a punishment or cure for an allegedly corrupt organization. You are obviously not in law enforcement.

And if you think body cams are going to stop any impropriety, you are sadly mistaken. All they will do is cause the police to do less activity, which will actually be a negative for the community or capture a good officer having a bad day and the footage get blown out of proportion. There are many other entities and professions who need to be recorded rather than a street cop. If you dont know which ones, it shows they are doing a good job keeping it hidden. You honestly have no clue how the machine works. You are lucky.

Unregistered
    A camera isn't the answer for accountability, ethical or professional issues.

Those issues are improved through strong leadership, consequences for malicious decisions and fairness in the workplace.

Unregistered
    So we go from an officer should control their emotions more to cameras are either a punishment or cure for an allegedly corrupt organization. You are obviously not in law enforcement.

And if you think body cams are going to stop any impropriety, you are sadly mistaken. All they will do is cause the police to do less activity, which will actually be a negative for the community or capture a good officer having a bad day and the footage get blown out of proportion. There are many other entities and professions who need to be recorded rather than a street cop. If you dont know which ones, it shows they are doing a good job keeping it hidden. You honestly have no clue how the machine works. You are lucky.
    You’re right brother, the way you people do things has been working out great. Carry on and good luck.

Unregistered
    Admitting that there are internal issues, is the very first step in recovering from your agencies tarnished name. LPD has been the center of attention among Florida’s LE corruption for a very long time now, and the fact that FDLE hasn’t shut the doors yet is utterly shocking.

So, how about this; Instead of blaming your community for holding you accountable, by use of BWC, take a deeper look as to why you will be wearing one in the first place...hmm, maybe the community lacks trust in your department, stemming from the years of confirmed lies, corruption, double standards and misuse of authority. My best advice for you, is to stop blaming the community for your departments poor ethics, and start taking accountability for the mistakes that “you” are responsible for. Nothing robotic about it, it’s just reality.
    Lol. Frankly, I welcome BWCs because of clueless people like you who THINK they know what's going on in this agency. FDLE shutting us down?! Are you even serious with that comment. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

The main problem with BWCs right now is that we have a wage problem that the city refuses to admit or rectify. Until that's done, spending millions on BWCs and the storage required to maintain the footage would be another slap in the face to honest, hard-working officers. The exodus would continue to grow.

I wholeheartedly believe most officers don't have a problem with BWCs. Just pay them what they deserve, FIRST.

Unregistered

Lol. Frankly, I welcome BWCs because of clueless people like you who THINK they know what's going on in this agency. FDLE shutting us down?! Are you even serious with that comment. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

The main problem with BWCs right now is that we have a wage problem that the city refuses to admit or rectify. Until that's done, spending millions on BWCs and the storage required to maintain the footage would be another slap in the face to honest, hard-working officers. The exodus would continue to grow.

I wholeheartedly believe most officers don't have a problem with BWCs. Just pay them what they deserve, FIRST.

Unregistered
    Cameras can be an effective tool to help Officers, but it seems they do more harm than good overall. We now have reached the point where legally justified use of force captured on camera causes strife. (Someone attempting to stab a person gets shot by police). Trust your Sheriff. He doesn't have cameras and he's been in the business 49yrs. We give our LEOs guns and badges, authority to make arrests, but need cameras to watch them? If there are plausible, fact supported issues with a member not being trustworthy, they don't need to be wearing a badge to begin with.

Unregistered
    You made a valid point. All those events you speak of I guess you were referring to acts LPD officers were accused of? They got caught without body cameras. So why the need for them? Do you really think someone would do these things without turning a camera off or somehow manipulating the device?

And the "as long as they follow policy" part you speak of. Have you ever seen a printed policy and procedure manual? If not Ill give you a hint. It probably 8-10 inches tall in a three ring binder. Do you really think even the best officer can go through a shift trying their best without violating one of these policies? Your thinking is the exact reason why people want cops to be wired. It's nothing but an illusion. A camera will not change one's ethics. And if you're so sure they are coming, the citizens who actually want the police better pray there is a uniform to put one on when they get here.
    Hmm. Still wearing that uniform? Told ya.

Unregistered
    Pretty much what I thought C sucker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12