20 years on and I can’t get a full weekend off!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are 20 year cop. All 20 year cops can have FSS. Or maybe you don’t. 🤔
    Put the koolaid down brother. On 6 per shift. And having to do 20 years for a weekend is piss poor managing. Now he wants to go to the meeting to BS his way. But he really doesn’t have to. AF will give him the play by play. We need an outside Chief that “gets it”.

Unregistered
    Why are we even allowing him to attend an FOP meeting?!?! So he can lie to us AGAIN and try to convince us he’s looking out for us. He’s lost all confidence with us and instead of doing a motion Paul invites him to a meeting. I guess getting your girl hooked up in DB has some strings attached.

#worstchiefever

Unregistered
    Time for an outside Chief that doesn’t have station sleepovers.

Unregistered
    At this point I’m not sure Jones is a good choice either. He has been a follower all along and he has lying Rickys same views. He will be the exact same changing our schedule every month taking away days off and filling the same long lost path of going away from things that actually work. This place is a joke it’s too complicated and way disorganized

Unregistered
    Why are we even allowing him to attend an FOP meeting?!?! So he can lie to us AGAIN and try to convince us he’s looking out for us. He’s lost all confidence with us and instead of doing a motion Paul invites him to a meeting. I guess getting your girl hooked up in DB has some strings attached.

#worstchiefever
    Seriously!!! Why invite an Anti-Union guy to a Union Meeting?!?!

Bring back Oates and give him a contract too.

Unregistered
    Now is your chance to voice your displeasure,

Come up with challenging and constructive questions to ask the command staff.

We can all come here and *****, then offer absolutely nothing in person but “thank you sir may I have some more”.

The same 5-10 people speaking up while entire shifts are outraged is comical. Let’s finally use those alpha male/female skills and ask the tough questions.

The command staff has found a way to purposefully make 4/10 annoying and unbearable yet again, meanwhile making area 4 look attractive for the 12hr push. Don’t buy the hype. He thinks he’s in a power position (he kinda is) by not violating the contract.

What they don’t see, or care to see, is the damage done to morale as a result. Productivity? You can keep posting the work from the same 15 guys on social media, forcibly make us do an outlandish number of “details”, manually turn on our car lights. You can’t fake police work. We will either do it for you because we trust you, or we won’t. It’s not looking good sir.

Unregistered
    We are the only major sized police agency in the Country that you have to have 20 years on to get the weekend off. Let that sink in.

I agree that the Chief should respectfully be told that he is not welcome to our meeting to try to convince us that the $hit sandwich is actually a medianoche.

How bad is the moral you ask? So bad that we have 2 theory dogs. One who permanently is assigned to the 4th floor.

Unregistered
    I am an orthadox jew, I have labored here in extremely difficult times and conditions for more than a decade and a half . I have never complained about anything, however you now plan to take away my earned with seniority and time SATURDAY my religious sabbath day with my G'd and family ..... this is unacceptable and I will fight this and you have lost my confidence in your leadership again and again. This time you have gone too far Sir and your termination of employment is the only way to divorce ourselves from this serial mismanagement . You will not be allowed to destroy our families. I earned that every Saturday morning off after sixteen years of dedicated service as previous men and women of MBPD have done before us since 1929.

Unregistered
    We are the only major sized police agency in the Country that you have to have 20 years on to get the weekend off. Let that sink in.

I agree that the Chief should respectfully be told that he is not welcome to our meeting to try to convince us that the $hit sandwich is actually a medianoche.

How bad is the moral you ask? So bad that we have 2 theory dogs. One who permanently is assigned to the 4th floor.
    One reason why I never applied at the beach! Im working at a department in Broward making about the same with every other weekend off

Unregistered
    One reason why I never applied at the beach! Im working at a department in Broward making about the same with every other weekend off
    “Every other weekend off” you say? Oh we we can arrange for that. That’s exactly the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12