Racial Slur - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Racial Slur

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone who says that the use of the terms as recorded and in context clearly constitutes racist behavior is being intellectually dishonest about it. This is the equivalent of locker room talk. It's trashy and unprofessional, but it's not racist. Would a white cop get skewered for it? Of course. The world's not fair, kids.

The PBA is using Delvin in the hopes of setting a precedent for discipline in the age of body cameras. Even if you're not at risk of ever dropping an N bomb on tape, you should probably hope that Delvin succeeds in keeping his job. You NEVER know what someone is going to claim is offensive or discriminatory, or what the administration, council, or public is going to want to do to the Officer who did the offending.

Too many people at this agency are looking at this as the chickens coming home to roost, and are getting way too much satisfaction out of the irony. It's true, you can't have it both ways- and if Delvin loses his job over this, that's exactly what'll be said if you find yourself fighting for your job after you're caught saying something that someone else deems offensive.
    Please. It’s the N bomb it’s clear as cut a butter you’ll be fired for saying it.

Unregistered
    Make sure you donate to his GoFundMe account...🙄🙄🙄🙄

Unregistered
    Sorry, if a white officer can get fired for saying the n word, every race should be fired as well. You all want equality? Well here it is.

Unregistered
    Sorry, if a white officer can get fired for saying the n word, every race should be fired as well. You all want equality? Well here it is.
    Sums it up well.

Unregistered

Well

When did this so called white officer get fired?

Unregistered
    When did this so called white officer get fired?
    How about you name a white officer that said that word and didn’t get fired. I’ll wait.

Unregistered

Well

How about you name a white officer that said that word and didn’t get fired. I’ll wait.
    So there has not been one fired. That’s what I thought.

Unregistered
    That is because they don't flagrantly use the N word as a regular part of their vocabulary

Unregistered
    In my time here I can think or 2 white males fired for that policy and for much less than the N word. One was probably 15 years ago and one was in the last three but resigned instead of being fired, but was going to be fired. I’m not going to do your PI work for you, so do some FOIL requests and you can read their cases. Like I said neither as flagrant as this case.

Unregistered
    That part.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast