Racial Slur - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Racial Slur

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This has already occurred with a white officer, and he received the suspension. So there’s nothing hypocritical about it. We don’t just shit can somebody over words. Again what was the intent here? Forget what society dictates because right now society is all ****ed up in the head. It blows my mind that you can’t even see the big picture. God forbid you ever make a mistake, karma might slap you upside the head. Remedial training and suspension. If it happens again then you can easily justify firing him. No one called for the white officer to be arrested. This is no different.
    Name me ONE time somebody called a suspect the N bomb and didn’t get fired. Just ONE. I’ll wait

Unregistered

Really

We really would not know, except for the ghetto hood rat, which is just as bad. How many things we don't know occurred until now with this BWC. Watch an arbitrator allow him to get his job back. The policy is left to interpretation. Did he use the word in a racist context? What's next? You get fired for calling someone a MF when in a fight? If the defendant cries, he is called a MF, we all would be fired. The defendant here did not even complain. Yes, there is a double standard, and yes, white people can't say it. It's acceptable for everyone else to have the double standard. Now give the man his job back. Time to play by liberal rules.

Unregistered
    He will get his job back because all of East Tampa will come to his aid and OG will put the thumb on the Chief because they dont find his behavior outrageous. Because it is the norm of that neighborhood we should be expected to allow our officers to act and talk the same as the criminals we are arresting. I thought we were held to a higher standard than that but I guess I was wrong

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    That type of punishment would definitely make Delvin to get his sh1t together. The black community would accept it and possibly feel that the Police Department cares more about their overall plight. The Chief missed the opportunity to use this situation as a teachable moment.
    I'm going to give you a warning this time. Quoting and replying to your own post is a violation of the Terms of Use that can result in your being banned. It's bad when I am just reading through the posts and can tell just by reading that it's the same poster. Next time you will be banned.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Is it me or is it all the same poster acting like it’s multiple people posting in favor Delvin. You writing is all the same we are on to you.
    I thought the same thing when I read it. I checked and it was the same poster.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 1 View Post
    I thought the same thing when I read it. I checked and it was the same poster.

Mod 1
    I knew it. Thanks mod 1

Unregistered

He still has support

I knew it. Thanks mod 1
    Not sure why that poster needs to reply to his post. Most of the cops support him getting his job back.

Unregistered
    Not sure why that poster needs to reply to his post. Most of the cops support him getting his job back.
    Not from what I’ve seen no they don’t. Have yet to hear one officer think he should not have been fired except on this website.

Unregistered
    Not from what I’ve seen no they don’t. Have yet to hear one officer think he should not have been fired except on this website.
    Absolutely not. Firing was the right call. Can't have it both ways.

Sorry, but the PBA board got this one wrong

Unregistered
    Anyone who says that the use of the terms as recorded and in context clearly constitutes racist behavior is being intellectually dishonest about it. This is the equivalent of locker room talk. It's trashy and unprofessional, but it's not racist. Would a white cop get skewered for it? Of course. The world's not fair, kids.

The PBA is using Delvin in the hopes of setting a precedent for discipline in the age of body cameras. Even if you're not at risk of ever dropping an N bomb on tape, you should probably hope that Delvin succeeds in keeping his job. You NEVER know what someone is going to claim is offensive or discriminatory, or what the administration, council, or public is going to want to do to the Officer who did the offending.

Too many people at this agency are looking at this as the chickens coming home to roost, and are getting way too much satisfaction out of the irony. It's true, you can't have it both ways- and if Delvin loses his job over this, that's exactly what'll be said if you find yourself fighting for your job after you're caught saying something that someone else deems offensive.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast