Racial Slur - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Racial Slur

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow, this is a tricky one. I see both sides and have so many questions. First, his supervisor definitely got the ball rolling on this. Second, the Ofc definitely didn’t have bad intentions or wasn’t trying to be racist at all. But I also understand that if he was a white, things would be totally different. Also, the intrusion in his private conservation, scares the heck out of me, as what he said wasn’t even bad or intended at anyone. This won’t be the first case where an Ofc accidentally has his BWC on and says something that someone doesn’t agree with.

He is just a victim of how our society and the police world is changing. I like the BWC’s more than I thought I would, but I didn’t think they would be nit picking videos as much as they have been. Now days, you can literally be fired having ZERO bad intentions and ZERO intent, scary stuff.
    Don’t you just love how they posted his full private conversation with his wife on YouTube. I have zero trust in Dugan and the rest of this staff. I’m sure he has had a few inappropriate conversations on his way home that he wouldn’t want on youtube. No respect at all

Unregistered
    All we have to do is go back to doing nothing.

Unregistered
    Delvin is going to get his job back and Dugan is going to be put out to pasture.

Unregistered
    If a white cop said it to black teenager at a school, that cop would expect to be fired. We can't have it both ways. There is a lesson to be learned here but what a price to pay.
    But he did not say it to a citizen. He was off driving home from working off duty and the BWC accidentally turned on while he was having a private conversation with his wife on his phone.

Unregistered
    Every black TPD officer should come out in support of Delvin. The PBD should organize a bring back Delvin rally. Black & Brown & White officers should support Delvin. If we don’t make a stand NOW, staff can go after all of us for any BS that shows up on their BWC.

Serious violations that are captured on BWC should be investigated not BS.

Unregistered
    Chief Dugan made the right decision on this. It’s a clear violation of policy and there should be zero tolerance for that behavior regardless of race.

Unregistered
    But he did not say it to a citizen. He was off driving home from working off duty and the BWC accidentally turned on while he was having a private conversation with his wife on his phone.
    What???? Do you not know how to read? He called a 16 year old student at his school the n bomb three times while arresting him. Pay attention.

Unregistered
    Every black TPD officer should come out in support of Delvin. The PBD should organize a bring back Delvin rally. Black & Brown & White officers should support Delvin. If we don’t make a stand NOW, staff can go after all of us for any BS that shows up on their BWC.

Serious violations that are captured on BWC should be investigated not BS.
    Hell no. As a police officer if you didn’t know you couldn’t call someone the N-word while arresting them then you’re too stupid for this job he should’ve been fired staff made the right decision ain’t nobody gonna come out in support of bring back Delvin crap

Unregistered

He will get his job back

I watched the video on YouTube and I have to say, he should get his job back. See, Chief Dugan the problem is you’re white and you don’t understand because you have lost touch with the street. Why is that? You sit behind the desk and forgot what it is to be a street cop. Well, maybe you have not lost touch with the street, I mean that stupid comment you made about how the kids view the D3 Major. One can interpret that as a bit racist. What I got from this video is this officer has a great heart and you just threw him under the bus. Remedial training and suspension would have been the route to go. Most minorities who have grown up in an inner-city use this word the same way y’all white folks use the F word. We all know you like to use the F word, Chief. The bottom line is the intent is not there to rise to the level of being a racist slur. I hope he gets his job back.

Unregistered
    I watched the video on YouTube and I have to say, he should get his job back. See, Chief Dugan the problem is you’re white and you don’t understand because you have lost touch with the street. Why is that? You sit behind the desk and forgot what it is to be a street cop. Well, maybe you have not lost touch with the street, I mean that stupid comment you made about how the kids view the D3 Major. One can interpret that as a bit racist. What I got from this video is this officer has a great heart and you just threw him under the bus. Remedial training and suspension would have been the route to go. Most minorities who have grown up in an inner-city use this word the same way y’all white folks use the F word. We all know you like to use the F word, Chief. The bottom line is the intent is not there to rise to the level of being a racist slur. I hope he gets his job back.
    Nope you are wrong. No double standards he’s a police officer in uniform use of the N-word is not allowed by anyone. Blows my mind the double standard that minorities have. If he were white you would be calling for him to be arrested you’re a hypocrite

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast