Racial Slur - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racial Slur

Unregistered
    Who to IA and made the complaint on the Officer?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s a good thing that the BWC website keeps a audit trail of everyone and how many times they watch the video for all you nosey a$$ people
    You can only watch your own videos now. Only supervisors can watch anyone’s videos.

Unregistered
    Who to IA and made the complaint on the Officer?
    Nobody Random BWC monthly audit by supervisor. My guess it was tagged non event and CPL thought it would be a good one to watch because nothing on it and then BAM. N word dropping begins. They he throws himself under the bus on the arrest case. It’s all in the news articles.

Unregistered
    So an black officer uses a racial slur, not once but twice that we know of and the PBA feels getti g fired is excessive. Read the City's B1(2) policy that calls for termination for that behavior. Then the NAACP says it is a teaching moment to prevent it from happening again. Wasn't the officer already taught not to use racial slurs? Isnt getting fired for this type of behavior an appropriate teaching moment that will further encourage this type of behavior?

B12 does not call for termination. It calls for “up to” a termination. Watch the YouTube videos released by the Dept. I don’t think he deserves termination. A suspension would had been more than enough. I would feel the same way regardless of his race. He was having a private conversation with his wife about general ghetto behavior. No one was offended and it was not directed at anyone. The other was in the heat of a resist. Person never complained, so clearly he did not find it offensive. Give him a suspension and give him his job back. Much to do over nothing.

Unregistered
    B12 does not call for termination. It calls for “up to” a termination. Watch the YouTube videos released by the Dept. I don’t think he deserves termination. A suspension would had been more than enough. I would feel the same way regardless of his race. He was having a private conversation with his wife about general ghetto behavior. No one was offended and it was not directed at anyone. The other was in the heat of a resist. Person never complained, so clearly he did not find it offensive. Give him a suspension and give him his job back. Much to do over nothing.
    30 days suspension and one week of sensitivity training (or what ever they call it) on him own time

Unregistered
    I thought they said they weren’t going to be fishing to get people in trouble?

Unregistered
    I thought they said they weren’t going to be fishing to get people in trouble?
    and suddenly, the ballgame changed. bodycamz r gud.

Unregistered
    I think 80 hours of one on one COHORT retraining with Tru would help. 😂

Unregistered
    yeah right! Can you imagine if this was a white cop?!?! If I did this, not only would my career be over, my life would be over. I'd be arrested, and federally charged with whatever b/s hate crime they can come up with. I'd have to move to another state, and my family would never live in peace again. Who the hell are you kidding? This is being minimized because he is black, and that is wrong. No action or inaction should ever be taken because of skin color, but that is exactly whats happening here. This is a very long standing double standard of society, and it's disgusting.

Unregistered
    Wow, this is a tricky one. I see both sides and have so many questions. First, his supervisor definitely got the ball rolling on this. Second, the Ofc definitely didn’t have bad intentions or wasn’t trying to be racist at all. But I also understand that if he was a white, things would be totally different. Also, the intrusion in his private conservation, scares the heck out of me, as what he said wasn’t even bad or intended at anyone. This won’t be the first case where an Ofc accidentally has his BWC on and says something that someone doesn’t agree with.

He is just a victim of how our society and the police world is changing. I like the BWC’s more than I thought I would, but I didn’t think they would be nit picking videos as much as they have been. Now days, you can literally be fired having ZERO bad intentions and ZERO intent, scary stuff.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast