U.S. House, Senate Co-Introduce ‘Ending Qualified Immunity Act’ - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    This bill better not pass or we’re all screwed. Just think getting in a fender bender the department won’t back and the shitheads would sue you directly. It’s not gonna work and I recommend start looking for another job.

Unregistered
    I’ll still collect the check....I just won’t do any enforcement of anything.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is unrealistic because someday you may be facing a deadly force situation which you cannot avoid. It will be either your life or the suspect's. If you shoot and kill/disable the suspect then there will be a pack of lawyers ready to sue you and you will waste your entire net worth defending yourself. Even if you win you will end up broke. Nobody signed up for that sh!t deal.

Unregistered
    "The House of Representatives on Wednesday passed a police reform bill that would ban chokeholds and overhaul qualified immunity protections for officers.

The George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, H.R. 1280, passed 220 to 212

The bill among other things would ban neck restraints and no-knock warrants at the federal level. It would also reform qualified immunity, which is a doctrine that makes it difficult to sue officers."

Unregistered
    You're right, however the other post citing the possibility of getting into sh*t is unavoidable. I can't imagine having to hire a private attorney, cost would be enormous. I wish I could get a suckhole office job like the pio or something like it to ride out my time. Good luck to those with considerable amount of time left, you'll need it

Unregistered
    It passed the house,we're royally f#ucked if this passes the senate

Unregistered
    I noticed all the Democrats voted yes and most of the Republicans voted no. Buckle up and get ready for a rough ride if this thing passes in the Senate.

Unregistered
    If it passes in the Senate make sure you transfer all your accounts, property, vehicles etc. etc. to a third-party. Maintain no net worth and hide all your assets.

Unregistered
    Where is the outrage from all the Sheriffs, Police Chiefs and police unions. If your going to **** the cops then remove immunity from judges and prosecutors.
    Because they will save tons of money, no need for general counsel to defend deputies, get your own attorney they will tell you

Unregistered
    If it passes in the Senate make sure you transfer all your accounts, property, vehicles etc. etc. to a third-party. Maintain no net worth and hide all your assets.
    The Senate is split 50-50 between Democrats and Republicans which means VP Harris will cast the deciding vote. She is part of the anti-police BLM crowd so guess how she will vote.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast