U.S. House, Senate Co-Introduce ‘Ending Qualified Immunity Act’ - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I haven’t read up a whole lot on the qualified immunity, but isn’t it case law? As in the courts should be able to easily strike down legislation against it? That would be my understanding, I hope.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I haven’t read up a whole lot on the qualified immunity, but isn’t it case law? As in the courts should be able to easily strike down legislation against it? That would be my understanding, I hope.
    As far as I know it was just legislation which protected cops. Congress has the ability to change the law.

The only solution I can think of is some sort of insurance for cops to cover the personal lawsuits which will be inevitable. Who will pay for it is another matter. I think the employers should cover the insurance premiums since it shifts some of the liability from them to the cops.

Unregistered
    As far as I know it was just legislation which protected cops. Congress has the ability to change the law.

The only solution I can think of is some sort of insurance for cops to cover the personal lawsuits which will be inevitable. Who will pay for it is another matter. I think the employers should cover the insurance premiums since it shifts some of the liability from them to the cops.
    The whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. Its sad but this department better not object to us suing these dirt bags that harm or damage our career or reputation. This shit works both ways.

Unregistered
    I don't honestly know how anyone can do this job and identify as a Democrat, idiots,,,,

Unregistered
    The whole situation is absolutely ridiculous. Its sad but this department better not object to us suing these dirt bags that harm or damage our career or reputation. This shit works both ways.
    As you well know these dirtbags are broke so you can't get any money from them even if you won a judgment. But if they sue you can end up broke.

Unregistered
    I don't honestly know how anyone can do this job and identify as a Democrat, idiots,,,,
    There are people in our agency who are Democrats first and deputies second. I have attempted to reason with them but the conversations went nowhere.

Unregistered
    There are people in our agency who are Democrats first and deputies second. I have attempted to reason with them but the conversations went nowhere.
    Hopefully they'll learn when they have to shell out their own coin to pay some dirt merchant. I guess folks like being in the same communist party like blm.

Unregistered
    Hopefully they'll learn when they have to shell out their own coin to pay some dirt merchant. I guess folks like being in the same communist party like blm.
    If this insanity becomes law and the sheriff or the state does not offer free liability insurance I am out of here and out of the LEO profession. Too close to retirement to potentially lose everything to some criminal and his lawyers.

Unregistered
    If this insanity becomes law and the sheriff or the state does not offer free liability insurance I am out of here and out of the LEO profession. Too close to retirement to potentially lose everything to some criminal and his lawyers.
    It will, thank a Democrat for shoving it up our azz

Unregistered
    Screw all this if you weren’t thinking about retirement just look at all the new promotions. It put me over the top. Talk about inbreeding.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast