Dispatchers “high risk” - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The category in FRS is called "Special Risk", not "First Responder". Hell, there are several "Special Risk" employment categories in FRS that may as well be considered "Last Responder".

While it may be debatable how the dispatchers actually "respond", what is not debatable is that the job demands extreme long-term strain on their mental health in responding and reacting timely and correctly to the immediate needs of the general public going through the single-worst days of their lives...A reaction that must be repeated dozens of times per day, every day (including often on their RDOs) for years, through all the countless mandatory additional 4-hour overtime blocks occurring up to 3, 4, 5 times per week, whether on 8 hours sleep or zero hours sleep, their 1st hour of the shift or their 12th (sometimes 16th) hour of the shift. Their performance has to be on the ball, every single time, through all of that, and literally every action they take is recorded/documented to be Monday-morning quarterbacked and brought on trial without any second chances of starting over...Every word and every keystroke has to be correct the first time, every sound or noise coming through their headset has to be analyzed in a split second to determine relevance/changing conditions, or someone dies.

And then they get to come to the realization that, as they feel any semblance of mental health slipping away after all those years under a headset while having to keep their internal switch "ON" at all times, through all those years of non-stop sh!t they endured for the sake of the public, they still need to put in 5 more years just like the secretary down the hall keeping the coffee warm.

If there isn't a "Special Risk" in that job compared to the "Regular" FRS class, I don't know what is.
    Look at you already thinking you are more important than the secretary down the hall. Listen if you can’t handle your job sitting in an air conditioned room answering phones or talking on a headset then leave. You make it sound miserable. Let me ask you this when you get ready for work do you think that today could be the day You might have to fight for your life, I might get in a shooting, or anything dangerous what so ever? The answer is no the worse thing that might happen to you is that secretary down the hall hearing you talk down about her job then slapping you in the damn face. The fact you think you can compare your job to high risk is laughable and I wish that secretary would slap the crap out of you or any of you idiots that think you really deserve HIGH RISK

Unregistered
    Look at you already thinking you are more important than the secretary down the hall. Listen if you can’t handle your job sitting in an air conditioned room answering phones or talking on a headset then leave. You make it sound miserable. Let me ask you this when you get ready for work do you think that today could be the day You might have to fight for your life, I might get in a shooting, or anything dangerous what so ever? The answer is no the worse thing that might happen to you is that secretary down the hall hearing you talk down about her job then slapping you in the damn face. The fact you think you can compare your job to high risk is laughable and I wish that secretary would slap the crap out of you or any of you idiots that think you really deserve HIGH RISK
    When you get ready for work, do you think about how you might twist your ankle running from gunfire? How about being beat up by a 14 year old ATV rider. Or dragged out of an apartment complex by legs, while crying to the suspect, please don’t hurt me. The fact is 95% of you so called deputies are cowards. I don’t wish I know you puzzies get the crap slapped out of you by 14 olds all the time. There are other civilian job classifications that are eligible for special risk. All more at risk than you cowardly sheet talkers.

Unregistered
    I don't get the hate for dispatchers. Some suck, some are average, and some do a great job. Just like cops and every other career field out there.

It is my opinion that their job is not "high risk" but that's not what is the issue here. The FRS classification LEO's are in is considered "special risk" and we are not the only profession in it.

They have a good case to make for being considered "special risk" given many of the inclusions on this list:
    https://www.dms.myflorida.com/workfo...isk_retirement

Unregistered
    I don't get the hate for dispatchers. Some suck, some are average, and some do a great job. Just like cops and every other career field out there.

It is my opinion that their job is not "high risk" but that's not what is the issue here. The FRS classification LEO's are in is considered "special risk" and we are not the only profession in it.

They have a good case to make for being considered "special risk" given many of the inclusions on this list:
    https://www.dms.myflorida.com/workfo...isk_retirement
    Someone intelligent enough to get it. I'm sure the other a$$holes are deputies who can't become anything more than that, their 'tudes keep them 1065-ing their whole career.

Thank you.

Unregistered
    There's no reason for all the insults on both sides, but any reasonable analysis says that dispatching is not a "special risk" occupation. The fact that there are other job categories, such as judges, who have lobbied for legislation to receive this benefit, does not in any way make a case for dispatchers to be considered for special risk. In your flurry of insults against deputies being cowards, you only diminish your own credibility. Right now as you read this there are deputies doing traffic stops, on domestic violence calls, responding to in progress calls etc., and no insults by you are going to change the fact that their lives are on the line many times over the course of a shift

Unregistered
    There's no reason for all the insults on both sides, but any reasonable analysis says that dispatching is not a "special risk" occupation. The fact that there are other job categories, such as judges, who have lobbied for legislation to receive this benefit, does not in any way make a case for dispatchers to be considered for special risk. In your flurry of insults against deputies being cowards, you only diminish your own credibility. Right now as you read this there are deputies doing traffic stops, on domestic violence calls, responding to in progress calls etc., and no insults by you are going to change the fact that their lives are on the line many times over the course of a shift
    Well said.

Unregistered
    When you get ready for work, do you think about how you might twist your ankle running from gunfire? How about being beat up by a 14 year old ATV rider. Or dragged out of an apartment complex by legs, while crying to the suspect, please don’t hurt me. The fact is 95% of you so called deputies are cowards. I don’t wish I know you puzzies get the crap slapped out of you by 14 olds all the time. There are other civilian job classifications that are eligible for special risk. All more at risk than you cowardly sheet talkers.
    You just prove their point idiot. At least they do face danger they may freeze,run, or be scared in a dangerous situation which you don’t know how you will react until your in that situation at least they RESPOND. What the hell do you parrots respond to other than the all you can eat buffet. The fact you think your job requires special risk is a ducking joke. I can’t wait until I pull one of you fat cows over and u tell me I’m a dispatcher I’m going to say good for you here’s your ticket COW

Unregistered
    At least they respond dummy

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3261185]Someone intelligent enough to get it. I'm sure the other a$$holes are deputies who can't become anything more than that, their 'tudes keep them 1065-ing their whole career.

Thank you.[/QUOTE

And your ignorance will keep you answering phones your entire career. Think about that your entire career is about answering phone calls because your not smart enough to do anything else with your life

Unregistered
    No cake eating cows deserve high risk for answering a phone. If you want to be in a high risk classification then apply to dle or do. Stop crying.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast