The policy must be changed now!

Unregistered

The policy must be changed now!

So as I’ve spoken to a couple PBA board members, who were willing to talk, one thing became very clear. The policy creating the qualifications to run for PBA President, Bice President, or the other positions is designed to purposely restrict members from running. Old timers said that in the old days that wasn’t the case.
    PBA MUST change that policy NOW.
    If a member is in good standing and a dues paying member who is off probation he/she should be able to run-period!!!
    PBA hear our call to action. Don’t ignore us like you’ve done for the last four years. David: reach deep inside and find your morals. Do the right thing. Stop acting as is you don’t know what we are talking about. You have a chance to do the right thing but will you?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So as I’ve spoken to a couple PBA board members, who were willing to talk, one thing became very clear. The policy creating the qualifications to run for PBA President, Bice President, or the other positions is designed to purposely restrict members from running. Old timers said that in the old days that wasn’t the case.
    PBA MUST change that policy NOW.
    If a member is in good standing and a dues paying member who is off probation he/she should be able to run-period!!!
    PBA hear our call to action. Don’t ignore us like you’ve done for the last four years. David: reach deep inside and find your morals. Do the right thing. Stop acting as is you don’t know what we are talking about. You have a chance to do the right thing but will you?
    It might be more effective to demand this at an actual meeting. 🤔

Unregistered
    This site is like N impromptu meeting as the entire board is on here reading the discontent and they write responses, no matter how sissy or inaccurate.

Unregistered

There are alternatives to PBA who does not treat everyone equally

At IUPA we treat every member as a valuable person and we do not shut anyone out from the opportunity to run for office. In fact, we encourage it. PBA does not.
    When your television breaks you go out and get a new one. If your union is under performing and not delivering the goods...how long will you permit that to go on? We stand ready to help. And make no mistake...we will return your calls.

Call me. You won’t be sorry. Jeff Edmiston - Director of Field Operations, IUPA. Cell 941-350-9170

Unregistered
    The policy that needs to change is us having to give our name and badge number to anyone that asks. It should be only enforced when dealing with the public on a call for service or during an encounter we initiated. That’s what needs to change!!!

Unregistered
    I hope the PBA is paying close attention to the member discontent that has erupted. I hope they don’t do like they do with everything else and ignore us. It could be the demise of the PBA.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hope the PBA is paying close attention to the member discontent that has erupted. I hope they don’t do like they do with everything else and ignore us. It could be the demise of the PBA.
    Does PLEA still have members

Unregistered
    There you go again Steadman. You have your own issues that are engulfing you and you switch conversations to avoid addressing YOUR problems.

Unregistered
    Is it narcissism that prevents Steadman from accepting responsibility? I just don’t get him. Talks a great game but cannot deliver any of the BS he spews.

Unregistered
    Very true but where is Hodges? He talked a big bad game and his inept azz has done nothing. Early on he questioned PBA for buying up complete wardrobes and what did PBA do? Buy more, change the name and bought some more. And, Hodges tucked his tail between his legs.