Officer uses the controversial headlock on suspect - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered
    Someone need to remind Officer Mike Sevilla this is not the Wild Wild West. These are human beings. Slow down.

Unregistered

Retired Off the Job

By the time the BLM crew and the defund the police politicians finish with law enforcement the only physical restraints that will be allowed will be thumb wrestling. Yes, you will be forced to challenge the suspect to a thumb wrestling match. Best 2 out of 3 will determine if the suspect has to submit. Glad I retired before all this crap started.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Someone need to remind Officer Mike Sevilla this is not the Wild Wild West. These are human beings. Slow down.
    Did he pass the phycological after the shooting? Did he get a all clear from risk management?

Unregistered
    Did FDLE clear him.

Unregistered
    Did FDLE clear him.
    If they did it was the Fastest FDLE investigation ever? I’m sure someone drop the ball here somewhere.

Unregistered
    Those 2 brown clowns are trash

Unregistered
    Why don't you join a police department? See what it's like to perform the day to activities. See how many people cooperate with you. Please be all you can be.
    People know they have a 50-50 chance of getting away. Cooperate, is pretty much nil, within certain races in Miami. That being said, you (me) as officers have rules we much go by. In the heat of the moment, training pretty much goes out the window with most. Times have changed, we can't be the knuckle draggers we were in the mid 80's. Police work has changed very much since then. Cameras are everywhere now and it's up to you to be aware of that at all times. Now, I heard a remark made and it got me thinking a bit. It was said maybe the officer, was allowed to hit the street to soon after his shooting? Shootings effect each of us different, it may never be a issue or something will cause all that to come crashing back on you. Either way, only time can tell. Trying to justify, his action by any of us, doesn't help. Right or wrong. Oh, the comment about the metro cop, just standing and watching. Grow up! How many bodies, have to pile on? He wasn't the only one watching and standing around, some of our brethren, were too. He'll be cleared of any wrong doing, not because he didn't do any but the department queen is running that unit and she have a direct line to the big guy. So he won't push for anything other then justified, so his little lady doesn't get a blowback. (get your mind out of the gutter) a figure of speech.

Unregistered
    If this is true then why did this post ever start? Someone obviously did not their job. By the way of course I was a former Supervisor for MDPD. Never forget what you were taught in the Academy my dear colleague. Always back up your fellow officer. The subject resistance and actions causes your reaction. It never looks good to the public if some officers are restraining a subject while others are just standing around. The subject was not under control or compliance and a you don't need a BWC to tell any officer that.

No need to lecture me or any officer. To many times officers are injured or killed because of another officers negligence or failure to act.

Example: "I ran out of bullets. I thought he was under control. I thought they had him. I was looking down. It was enough officers so I was keeping watch. "

None of these excuses can bring back any of our fallen brothers.

Thank God no one was killed or hurt. I hope we can catch the criminal that escaped.

Please forward your statement of their defense to your Congresswoman Federicka Wilson.

She also called for the wrong officers to be arrested and fired. Those city officers did their job and should be commended not condemned.

Like it or not there was much more those walking around MDPD officers could have done.

Thank you for your service!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234