Hiring?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring?

Unregistered

Hiring?

Are you guys currently hiring for LEO? If so, how’s the call volume and what kind of calls do you guys normally get? Do you guys work 10 hr or 12hr shifts? Is the morale good? Do you guys have a step plan or have levels of pay for prior service?

Unregistered
    He we go again.

Unregistered
    DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

USF HR will be soon be meeting with each of us individually to discuss what "value" we bring to the Department.

In other words, based on responses, HR will be providing a list to the Chief that will say who to keep and who to let go when the Ax comes swinging down.

He's putting it all in the hands of those annoying HR people that we all watched on TEAMS, babbling about their next Masters Degree. He's not making any decisions, they are.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you guys currently hiring for LEO? If so, how’s the call volume and what kind of calls do you guys normally get? Do you guys work 10 hr or 12hr shifts? Is the morale good? Do you guys have a step plan or have levels of pay for prior service?
    Honestly, just about No on all of that

The job itself is great, but the Admin. here makes it a terrible place to work as a police officer. There are no set standards to follow, despite the General Orders of Operation, and it will change all the time depending on the incident.. They cater to the different departments of the University on whose head people complain..., that do not understand police work but want things done their way. The Admins. of the University really determine the actions here and what they want to happen. In the police academy you are taught that criminal charges trump any other decision. Here, you can make a good arrest, but it could get reversed and turned into a Baker Act, or if you make a good Baker Act, they will demand criminal charges instead. You never know how they want it done here. Good luck, but do not apply here, just my opinion.

Unregistered
    Honestly, just about No on all of that

The job itself is great, but the Admin. here makes it a terrible place to work as a police officer. There are no set standards to follow, despite the General Orders of Operation, and it will change all the time depending on the incident.. They cater to the different departments of the University on whose head people complain..., that do not understand police work but want things done their way. The Admins. of the University really determine the actions here and what they want to happen. In the police academy you are taught that criminal charges trump any other decision. Here, you can make a good arrest, but it could get reversed and turned into a Baker Act, or if you make a good Baker Act, they will demand criminal charges instead. You never know how they want it done here. Good luck, but do not apply here, just my opinion.
    Has the starting salary changed from what they have online? If not, don’t worry about answering any of the other questions that I asked.

Unregistered
    Do you enjoy the idea of guarding grass? And if so do you enjoy the idea of possibly arresting someone for being on said grass? If so you've come to the right place.

Unregistered
    Do you enjoy the idea of guarding grass? And if so do you enjoy the idea of possibly arresting someone for being on said grass? If so you've come to the right place.
    Well Boy, I'll leave that police stuff to you tough guy.

But If all I had to do was guard grass for 50k a year, a take home car and work 15 days a month.

WELL SIGN ME UP.

Unregistered

But If all I had to do was guard grass for 50k a year, a take home car and work 15 days a month.

WELL SIGN ME UP.
    Easy admin person. Easy.

Unregistered

WELL SIGN ME UP.
    Well that's not all we have to do. Last week the night shifts had to smell a door every hour to see if a room was on fire. So what you got to say now tough boy?

Unregistered
    Well that's not all we have to do. Last week the night shifts had to smell a door every hour to see if a room was on fire. So what you got to say now tough boy?
    A very easy job to work here, but they make it an almost impossible job to work here! Stick with it kid, stick with it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast