Retirement Healthcare Costs
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Retirement Healthcare Costs

The PBA needs to make this a top priority. How can people be expected to pay $1,800 a month for Healthcare Insurance. Why does MDFR have more cost efficient coverage. They were also exempt from paying that unfair payroll tax on Healthcare several years ago. Stop posing for photo ops!!!! Fix it, Fix it now. Do your jobs!!

Unregistered
    This is a huge issue. It was on the floor but, guess it went no where. Union looks weak as F. We must demand changes. The ones there that are ineffective need to go or we need to find another union that can represent the members better. Awkward to have a union that are employed by the same entity they are supposed to be for the officers are also eating from the contrary, double dip. As law enforcement and corrections goes there should be some more benefit per medical coverage goes for the ones who serve, both careers create many health issues and sacrifices that are taken for granted by lawmakers. Representation has been weak. Something needs to change, ASAP.

Unregistered
    So this is a John Riviera issue. We had our own heath insurance back in the day. It went belly up. The SAO KFR went after Rivera because the whole thing was fishy. Hence the Riviera KFR dynamic.

Unregistered
    WOW -
    And I was chastised back in the day when I voted for the Teamsters.
    All my squad members called be a trader for going against the PBA...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So this is a John Riviera issue. We had our own heath insurance back in the day. It went belly up. The SAO KFR went after Rivera because the whole thing was fishy. Hence the Riviera KFR dynamic.
    This is true. John screwed us.

Unregistered
    Well, I’m an old timer who is constantly amused reading all these posts. I love to see how everyone hates everyone. That’s why yiu never get ahead.
    But, whoever blamed JR is full of it and doesn’t know the history of the PBA. Nationwide Insurance as I best recall was set up under the Nelson Perry’s days. Mike Clifton was the Vice President at the time. Nationwide was run by trustees and not the PBA. That’s the way it was set up by the originators.
    At some point the insurance wasn’t running smoothly and was going belly up. Many of us were going to be stuck with bills and bill collectors chasing us. I had a heart operation at the time which would have destroyed me financially if I had to pay. JR fought (something this current PBA doesn’t seem to do according to the mega posts about the subject) and he got all of our bills paid. JR got the county to fork over millions to make us all solvent. I know because I was scared and pissed. But, I am grateful for how the JR stood up for us at the time.
    You all need to stop fighting and find someone with real leadership skills and yes the insurance issue can be dealt with. There has to be another JR amongst your ranks. Find him/her and support him. Changes can be made for your benefits.

Unregistered
    Well, I’m an old timer who is constantly amused reading all these posts. I love to see how everyone hates everyone. That’s why yiu never get ahead.
    But, whoever blamed JR is full of it and doesn’t know the history of the PBA. Nationwide Insurance as I best recall was set up under the Nelson Perry’s days. Mike Clifton was the Vice President at the time. Nationwide was run by trustees and not the PBA. That’s the way it was set up by the originators.
    At some point the insurance wasn’t running smoothly and was going belly up. Many of us were going to be stuck with bills and bill collectors chasing us. I had a heart operation at the time which would have destroyed me financially if I had to pay. JR fought (something this current PBA doesn’t seem to do according to the mega posts about the subject) and he got all of our bills paid. JR got the county to fork over millions to make us all solvent. I know because I was scared and pissed. But, I am grateful for how the JR stood up for us at the time.
    You all need to stop fighting and find someone with real leadership skills and yes the insurance issue can be dealt with. There has to be another JR amongst your ranks. Find him/her and support him. Changes can be made for your benefits.
    Revisionist history. The plan collapsed on JR'S watch. He bears some responsibility regardless of what he did to try to help people holding the bag. JR is not a bad guy and did great things for our union but this is a black eye for him. He fought extremely hard to keep the SAO from investigating what happened. At the end of the day Fire Rescue has a great insurance plan and we are at the mercy of the County.

Unregistered
    I agree we need to stop shjtting all over our PBA representatives. They will all be retirees some day, therefore, they are in the proverbial same bed. Someone needs to fix the retiree health care issues for current and future retirees. It should be a crime that Fire always seems to get a better deal. Steadman, David and Ish, this should be your TOP priority!!!!! Fix it! Do your jobs!

Unregistered
    MDFR uses their own union insurance. Can’t resent them for that. We had that option with the PBA until it got screwed up. Only have ourselves to blame. Fire isn’t getting special treatment here

Unregistered
    MDFR uses their own union insurance. Can’t resent them for that. We had that option with the PBA until it got screwed up. Only have ourselves to blame. Fire isn’t getting special treatment here
    How can we join the fire union?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast