Soar tsdr - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Soar tsdr

Unregistered
    Just do your job and stop complaining.
    There's no quota. You can make as many traffic stops you want. They are not asking you to issue citations. It's your discretion.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just wondering. Does your Troop makes you turn in a TSDR on SOAR and questions why you spend more than 30 minutes without stopping a car? Do they make you write an explanation why you spend more than 30 minutes without stopping a car on the TSDR? I'm asking for a Trooper friend that works in Ft Myers. Also, does anyone knows a good reporter with the Newspress? Also asking for a Ft Myers Trooper.
    Yes, It's like this in Troop G as well. We are also required to explain all the activity on the TSDR too. Just bullet points on what we did or didn't do. You also only get credit (in their eyes when tallying up your totals for the time) for one contact per stop. Not getting credit for citation, warning, and a FE card is really cutting the numbers. We also have to get pre-approval to work it and work only in the "hot-spots" (isn't that program dead now).

Unregistered
    Just do your job and stop complaining.
    There's no quota. You can make as many traffic stops you want. They are not asking you to issue citations. It's your discretion.
    Thank you sir. But obviously you don't know what you are talking about. Yes we all do our job the legal way, we are suppose to comply with the law. The law has established that quotas are illegal. 100 a month is illegal, 2 an hr on soar is illegal, stopping a car every 30 minutes is illegal. Tell me again?

Why are we mandated to turn in a tsdr with soar? They don't look at the ethnicity of people you stop, they look at how many traffic stops you do every 30 minutes with an explanation of why you are not writing tickets every 30 minutes. Come to Ft Myers please, or maybe you are in Ft Myers and are trying to steer this away from you. Tell that to the newspress or OIG. Quota not matter how u put it!!!!

Unregistered
    "Just do your job" I love that phrase. I also love the phrase "Follow the law". We are suppose to be a traffic safety agency, not a numbers agency. SOAR was designed to augment road staffing, not for writing 2 tickets an hour. YOU MAKE US TURN IN A TSDR TO SEE IF WE ARE COMPLYING WITH THE 2 AN HR. The TSDR was not designed for activity intimidation, it was designed for exactly what the name stands for.

I just want to see the blame game when this thing explodes. The Ft Myers Captain will definitely blame the Major, he always does.

Unregistered
    Yes, It's like this in Troop G as well. We are also required to explain all the activity on the TSDR too. Just bullet points on what we did or didn't do. You also only get credit (in their eyes when tallying up your totals for the time) for one contact per stop. Not getting credit for citation, warning, and a FE card is really cutting the numbers. We also have to get pre-approval to work it and work only in the "hot-spots" (isn't that program dead now).
    Same with Troop B as well. Then go to court and attorney asks the question “Trooper, were you on soar” when this citation was issued? Do away with soar, using that money to give Troopers raises, like they deserve.

Unregistered
    It used to be like that in Troop F when I was there years ago, then I transferred and the new Troop didn't do it. A year ago we started doing it here too.. I guess the Baumann gave the idea to the others. He is retiring so he can care less.

Unregistered
    The Troopers that complain about a “quota” or quantity of contacts are typically the ones that have zero to show for a 8 hour shift. If you are actually doing the job that you choose and are making a difference, you wouldn’t be worried about it. Literally, any other job you have to show proof of work. Get over yourselves!

Unregistered
    The Troopers that complain about a “quota” or quantity of contacts are typically the ones that have zero to show for a 8 hour shift. If you are actually doing the job that you choose and are making a difference, you wouldn’t be worried about it. Literally, any other job you have to show proof of work. Get over yourselves!
    Sell it just like that to the public and see what happens. We need to show proof of work, 100 a month and 2 an hr on SOAR. Im telling that to the next person on a traffic stop.

Unregistered
    Mark Welch FHP, just Google that.

Unregistered
    This program is full of problems. It was created to augment road staffing and to have more units available. As long as you are visible to the public and not sitting at home or a restaurant, you should be within the guidelines. Somehow, the brass made it into a quota program. The TSDR is proof of the quota and the push to write tickets. Its a program created in good faith and turned into an illegal quota to augment FHP's numbers.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast