PBA Covid-19 Response
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

PBA Covid-19 Response

Florida Governor Desantis will be authorizing Police Officers and teachers over the age of 50 for covid vaccinations in the next few weeks. There are 46,000 police officers in Florida. There are 250,000 teachers in Florida and most are older than the average cop. For every 1 cop there are most likely 10 teachers which qualify for the vaccination. Cops are getting the short end of the stick. Cops are expected to render first aid including CPR yet can't even get the vaccine. The majority of the police officers that qualify for this round of vaccinations are command staff which sit behind a desk in their safe offices. This is NOT cool! We are first responders! We need representation! At this ratio ALL cops should be eligible in Florida for the vaccine. Again, I am sick and tired of seeing cops die from Covid-19. Truly senseless. Florida is failing Law Enforcement!

-Spread the word!

Unregistered
    What is PLEA doing?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is PLEA doing?
    Steadman, stop trying to shift the blame. If PLEA was the bargaining unit this would have been handled promptly. If PLEA was in charge of legislation we would have fixed the pension issue. PLEA would NEVER have sucked Gimenez’ ass to get 1% for 3 year contract. PLEA doesn’t send out moronic selfies intended to be self serving.

The question at hand is what is the PBA doing. The answer is simple as I see it: they are doing the same as they are with the contract issue, pension issue, promotional issues- absolutely nothing.

But, if you need a selfie taken by all means contact Stahl or Greenwell. They have that down pat.

Unregistered

Covid

I guess nothing is being done on the State level to make sure all cops can get the vaccine if they want. This is unbelievable! All the PBA needs to do is communicate with Desantis. Just give him the stats!

Unregistered
    I guess nothing is being done on the State level to make sure all cops can get the vaccine if they want. This is unbelievable! All the PBA needs to do is communicate with Desantis. Just give him the stats!
    That takes courage, creativity, and a willing to work for your Members. The PBA has none of that.

Unregistered
    That takes courage, creativity, and a willing to work for your Members. The PBA has none of that.
    That would require guts and leadership and intelligence. You’re right, none of that in the current PBA, whose biggest and best skill set is being completely anonymous and hidden from view. They’re like super spies 🕵️*♀️ always in the shadows. What a damn joke these losers.

Unregistered
    I got called by department safety person today for vaccine. Pretty cool how they had my info. I guess the survey we filled out actually worked. Kudos to them.

Unregistered
    Relax over paid civil servants -
    You like the rest of us will have access to the vaccine within the next 120 days.
    Just wait like the rest of us.
    Do you guys think you're any more important than the Amazon delivery guy, the Uber driver
    or the Walmart store clerk that comes in contact with the general public on a daily basis ?

Unregistered
    Yes we are.

Unregistered
    Relax over paid civil servants -
    You like the rest of us will have access to the vaccine within the next 120 days.
    Just wait like the rest of us.
    Do you guys think you're any more important than the Amazon delivery guy, the Uber driver
    or the Walmart store clerk that comes in contact with the general public on a daily basis ?
    Not more important at all. We all want the vaccine if we are intelligent people and not given to crazy conspiracy crap put forth by QAnon wacko Trumpian police officers who believe in a flat earth and that 5G trackers bullshit. We just want the vaccine because we are in real fear of infecting our loved ones, just like the Amazon driver and the Publix or Walmart employees you mentioned who also have the same reasonable fear.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast