To The Rookies

Thread: To The Rookies

Unregistered

To The Rookies

This is written to one rookie in particular, but may apply to some others. I am a city cop and was in one of the all night restaurants, that we all eat in at 3am because nothing else is open. One morning a new trooper decided to make points with a waitress at my expense. He proceeded to say he had arrest power all over the state and I only had it in my jurisdiction. He the said he had a better car and equipment, and even a fire extinguisher - I guess he thought I didn't have one in my trunk. All this seemed to be to impress a tired waitress. Finally I said "arrest someone in Tampa right now." He responded that that was a stupid thing to say because we weren't in Tampa (appx 200 miles away.) I then said I guess your arrest power is only good for where you are at that time. First, I have never had any other Trooper act that way toward me. To the contrary they have always been good guys whom I respected. Second, I know this guy was a new Trooper who was stuck on himself and lacked any form of humility. Third, when there ever were any problems at that restaurant at night (drunks, etc) I was the one the waitress knew would be dispatched to handle it as she had experienced before. So the rookie didn't score any points with her. In closing I know this guy was the exception and not the norm for FHP. I hope he is reading this. One day he will realize that all of this law enforcement stuff is in reality just another boring job with it's share of frustrations, challenges, and yes sometimes good things (which seem to be more rare as time goes on.)

Unregistered
    Y a w n y a w n 🥱

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is written to one rookie in particular, but may apply to some others. I am a city cop and was in one of the all night restaurants, that we all eat in at 3am because nothing else is open. One morning a new trooper decided to make points with a waitress at my expense. He proceeded to say he had arrest power all over the state and I only had it in my jurisdiction. He the said he had a better car and equipment, and even a fire extinguisher - I guess he thought I didn't have one in my trunk. All this seemed to be to impress a tired waitress. Finally I said "arrest someone in Tampa right now." He responded that that was a stupid thing to say because we weren't in Tampa (appx 200 miles away.) I then said I guess your arrest power is only good for where you are at that time. First, I have never had any other Trooper act that way toward me. To the contrary they have always been good guys whom I respected. Second, I know this guy was a new Trooper who was stuck on himself and lacked any form of humility. Third, when there ever were any problems at that restaurant at night (drunks, etc) I was the one the waitress knew would be dispatched to handle it as she had experienced before. So the rookie didn't score any points with her. In closing I know this guy was the exception and not the norm for FHP. I hope he is reading this. One day he will realize that all of this law enforcement stuff is in reality just another boring job with it's share of frustrations, challenges, and yes sometimes good things (which seem to be more rare as time goes on.)
    You coulda just played along and help the boot get laid, my man.

-City Cop

Unregistered
    If it makes you feel better we are beyond embarrassed of majority of our new hires.

If they focused half of their time on their job and not their TikTok they might stand a chance.

Unregistered
    My sincere apologies. I commend you for taking this immature act like a professional. It is our duty to correct this young one. The academy is terrible

Unregistered
    Who cares about all that jurisdiction when you can only work 1 zone at a time. Also check your policy most if not all agencies have mutual aid & concurrent jurisdiction. And if you’re in uniform anywhere in Florida you have a duty to act by law so who gives a f**k...

Unregistered
    Every agency has officers like this. Rookies and veterans. Every year its always said " the new recruits are the worst ". It's the nature of the profession. It's really the nature of some people. The difference with our profession is that it sticks out more because of the ones who want to try and use the profession as a way to "impress". Just by it affecting you this much by coming on here and posting this might mean you are also new. It might better serve you to learn how to not let these personality types get to you. You will run into them all through your career. It attracts this type of person.
    The ones apologizing for another person actions at a restaurant need to get a grip. Doesn't serve anyone any good.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just tell her how much he makes as a troopers compared to 49 lol she’s stop talking to him real quick.