Ride it out or say goodbye
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Ride it out or say goodbye

What’s the consensus of the majority of the group, are we out job hunting or going down with the ship?

exABT
    Working at DBPR will be as pleasant as running through a minefield naked once you all become inspectors. Those riding it out are the ones that know that nobody will hire. I warned you people.
    Peace be with you all.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What’s the consensus of the majority of the group, are we out job hunting or going down with the ship?
    the end there no riding it out

Unregistered

Chicken Little

the end there no riding it out
    I don't understand the panicky responses. The sky is not falling and we will be fine.

Unregistered
    I don't understand the panicky responses. The sky is not falling and we will be fine.
    Are you a sadistic person intentionally trying to mislead these people? The governor put out a budget that calls for a massive reduction elimination and reclassification of dozens of people. The chief then put out an email stating that DBPR administration supports this. These are facts and peoples families are going to be affected by this. Stop playing games.

Unregistered
    Are you a sadistic person intentionally trying to mislead these people? The governor put out a budget that calls for a massive reduction elimination and reclassification of dozens of people. The chief then put out an email stating that DBPR administration supports this. These are facts and peoples families are going to be affected by this. Stop playing games.
    I don't think anyone is mislead. But I haven't seen a single thing that says people won't have jobs excluding captains and lieutenants. I guess you could be mad that you may not have the same job? Empty slots may be eliminated? Why are you mad about that? The session hasn't even started yet and you are standing in the unemployment line? As for me I am riding this bus all the way to the crash. I never planned to have a single job for life. I do plan to have a life worth living. Do what is best for you. Peace be with you.

Unregistered
    I don't think anyone is mislead. But I haven't seen a single thing that says people won't have jobs excluding captains and lieutenants. I guess you could be mad that you may not have the same job? Empty slots may be eliminated? Why are you mad about that? The session hasn't even started yet and you are standing in the unemployment line? As for me I am riding this bus all the way to the crash. I never planned to have a single job for life. I do plan to have a life worth living. Do what is best for you. Peace be with you.
    LTs will be fine there included in the reclass as are the captains but I believe the captains will be asked to leave as they can do per select exempt status.

Unregistered
    LTs will be fine there included in the reclass as are the captains but I believe the captains will be asked to leave as they can do per select exempt status.
    My LT thinks he’s going to be bumped down to agent. He’s one of the newer LTs so I think it’s hysterical that he’s going down to IS2 karma. Karma. - Tampa

Unregistered
    It seems you cannot be bumped down to a rank you never held. For those that were hired as LT and captain it could mean you are soon to be part of history. For those that worked their way up, there may be options. Every thing is a guess at this point since nothing official is being passed out.

Unregistered
    Every thing is a guess at this point since nothing official is being passed out.
    This whole plan was put together by YOUR ADMINISTRATION. Nothing is a guess for them. The fact that they won’t or haven’t communicated any possibilities to you should be a red flag but then again some of you aren’t very sharp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast