Why should I work at Florida Highway Patrol? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, no sarcasm, I have a 2019 Hellcat, almost paid off.. also a 2019 R1 (figured if I can get a bike you could do a boat instead).. I’m living a great bachelors life.
    How much do you get paid a month without overtime or off duty ?

Unregistered
    How much do you get paid a month without overtime or off duty ?
    check www.beatrooper.com

It’ll tell you there.

Unregistered
    check www.beatrooper.com

It’ll tell you there.
    After taxes.

Unregistered
    check www.beatrooper.com

It’ll tell you there.
    Do state troopers get paid hourly or salary ?

Unregistered
    LOL trolls 🤓

Unregistered
    Hello,

Why should I work at Florida Highway Patrol vs a City or County Agency? I also have a few questions about FHP!

1. I seen on the website you have specialty position incentives, How long until I can join them? Also what is "Technology" Specialty Position? Also what is the hazardous Material Squad all about?

2. Does FHP offer ride alongs if so, how easy is it to get a Ride along?

3. What are some of the better areas for Newer Troopers? Miami, Tampa, Orlando? Like what is a good troop or troops to apply for?

4. How is the agency issued equipment? I have seen some of the counties and cities equipment they have issued to them.

5. I seen you are down some troopers, How bad is it? Like are you always going to be patrolling by yourself with your nearest backup a county away(Unless county or city unit is closer)?

All of you who are going to comment about the salary, I am fully aware of the salary. I don't really care, I am Not interested in this career to get rich or do it just for the money.
    Actually the better question is "Why should FHP hire you?"

Unregistered
    Actually the better question is "Why should FHP hire you?"
    My thoughts exactly! The entitled douchebag is acting like FHP is knocking down his door for him to apply. Go apply to Palatka PD and chase down some toothless meth heads, loser.

Unregistered
    My thoughts exactly! The entitled douchebag is acting like FHP is knocking down his door for him to apply. Go apply to Palatka PD and chase down some toothless meth heads, loser.
    Funny, but a great point.

Unregistered
    Still more fun than working crashes all day.

-City Cop

Unregistered

Why you SHOULDNT

Hello,

Why should I work at Florida Highway Patrol vs a City or County Agency? I also have a few questions about FHP!

1. I seen on the website you have specialty position incentives, How long until I can join them? Also what is "Technology" Specialty Position? Also what is the hazardous Material Squad all about?

2. Does FHP offer ride alongs if so, how easy is it to get a Ride along?

3. What are some of the better areas for Newer Troopers? Miami, Tampa, Orlando? Like what is a good troop or troops to apply for?

4. How is the agency issued equipment? I have seen some of the counties and cities equipment they have issued to them.

5. I seen you are down some troopers, How bad is it? Like are you always going to be patrolling by yourself with your nearest backup a county away(Unless county or city unit is closer)?

All of you who are going to comment about the salary, I am fully aware of the salary. I don't really care, I am Not interested in this career to get rich or do it just for the money.
    FHP is toxic. It’s like going home and leaving your car running in your garage until all life is sucked out of you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12