Status of hiring
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Status of hiring

I am interested in HCSO. Will they sponsor non-certified at the academy? Do they pay while trainees are at the academy? What are the shifts like? What hours? Do deputies rotate shifts monthly? Is there a lot of micro-managing going on or does the brass leave you alone as long as you do your job? I am interested in the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks for the info

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am interested in HCSO. Will they sponsor non-certified at the academy? Do they pay while trainees are at the academy? What are the shifts like? What hours? Do deputies rotate shifts monthly? Is there a lot of micro-managing going on or does the brass leave you alone as long as you do your job? I am interested in the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks for the info
    Yes.
    Yes, if you're being sponsored.
    12 hours.
    5-5 or 6-6
    Every 28 days
    Depends on the supervisor, but overall, yes.

Crawford is making some decent changes, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Wauchula is an excellent agency, but they're full. Bowling Green doesn't make any money and they're also full.

Unregistered
    HCSO: I agree with the above poster. The agency is currently in transition. It will take Crawford awhile to undo all the crap from Lanier/Davis.

WPD: Pretty good for the most part. Good chief, good pay for a tiny agency. They are a much better agency than they were 10 years ago. Their equipment is top notch. They have a couple knuckleheads in certain positions like everywhere.

BGPD: If you think WPD is small they are even smaller. 7-8 officers total. Like the above poster said the pay sucks. Their city is even smaller than Wauchula. Some of their officers (Below Sergeant) leave a lot to be desired.

You are better off going to a larger county to start off (Polk, Manatee, Hillsborough) Much better pay, better benefits, more room to move up or transfer, ect. Hardee County is small, poor county. Nepotism and disgusting politics run rampant in the county (Not any of the LEO agencies fault).

Unregistered

WPD: Pretty good for the most part. Good chief, good pay for a tiny agency. They are a much better agency than they were 10 years ago. Their equipment is top notch. They have a couple knuckleheads in certain positions like everywhere.
    Admin or patrol? Or both LMAO

Unregistered
    Admin or patrol? Or both LMAO
    Patro and admin. I ^
    ^
    ^

Unregistered
    Patro and admin. I ^
    ^
    ^
    We must be doing something right! There's a reason me and other officers are constantly being approached by deputies asking about openings at WPD!

Unregistered

Pedos pedos everywhere and not a kid to spare

We must be doing something right! There's a reason me and other officers are constantly being approached by deputies asking about openings at WPD!
    Well real cops left years ago. Now criminals and sex offenders go to the academy. What better place for a pedo to work than pedo central. Dumb beat’n population. Corruption to the core. Kiss the right butt and do what you want. Best criminal enterprise in FL. ... well... I guess with food in the commie crosshairs and so many scores to settle... might get a little hairy this summer.

CURIOUS HOW REAL INFORMATION GETS DELETED SO QUICKLY. who runs this forum? Ring ring goes the bell. Take away the clapper and the jester gets a sledge hammer. Direct mailings come next. Then paid protests.

Unregistered

Plague Rat

Stay away. The whole county is dirty and just dark. Everybody is toxic and backstabbing and for years now about every month it seems this one or that one is coming at you for payback just because your patch says Hardee. The SO was as bad as you can get under the last 2 sheriffs and the closets are bursting with skeletons. Now all the shakeups have malcontent deputies talking. I’m afraid having Hardee on you resume will be a career ender. Also afraid FDLE or FBI is going to,come shut The Who place down soon.

Unregistered
    Stay away. The whole county is dirty and just dark. Everybody is toxic and backstabbing and for years now about every month it seems this one or that one is coming at you for payback just because your patch says Hardee. The SO was as bad as you can get under the last 2 sheriffs and the closets are bursting with skeletons. Now all the shakeups have malcontent deputies talking. I’m afraid having Hardee on you resume will be a career ender. Also afraid FDLE or FBI is going to,come shut The Who place down soon.
    talk about dark and malcontent maybe you were looking in a mirror when you typed that?? polk sarasota manatee highlands desoto etc etc etc have all hired hardee deputies, you ended your own career dont blame hcso... but the fact so many deputies have left does speak volumes and this new admin aint helping things

Unregistered
    [Quote]and this new admin aint helping things[\Quote]

What? I think they are doing rather well. Not nearly as much hostility around the office. Better atmosphere to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast