Unregistered

Post The matter of HCSO Sgt. Janak Amin/Notice of Intent to Sue HCSO

THE LAW OFFICE OF PAUL M. SISCO

FIFTH THIRD CENTER
    201 EAST KENNEDY BOULEVARD, SUITE 412
    TAMPA, FLORIDA 33602

PAUL M. SISCO (813) 225-1988
    BOARD CERTIFIED CRIMINAL TRIAL EXPERT
    FLORIDA BAR BOARD OF LEGAL SPECIALIZATION FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE psisco@paulsiscolaw.com

TO: Tampa Bay Media Outlets

FROM: Counsel for Sgt. Janak Amin (Jay P. Lechner, Robert E. O’Neill and Paul M.Sisco)

DATE: February 1, 2021

IN RE: The matter of HCSO Sgt. Janak Amin/Notice of Intent to Sue HCSO and Demand
    of Retraction from Sheriff Chronister (Photo of J. Amin and SAO letter attached)

After a careful, deliberate and just investigation, the State Attomey’s Office, by letter
    dated January 22, 2021, terminated the politically-motivated arrest and firing of our client, Sgt.
    Janak Amin. The 21-year HCSO Sgt., decorated military veteran, husband and father had been
    arrested and terminated by Sheriff Chad Chronister on July 10, 2020. In a bombastic press
    conference that same day — without a thorough investigation or due process -- and just weeks
    before the general election, Chronister called the local media together and announced Amin’s
    arrest and termination. After more than six months of careful review, the SAO correctly informed
    Chronister that Amin’s actions constituted no crime.

On July 9, 2020, Janak was specifically called on by Chronister to solve a problem of his
    Agency’s own doing: the improper release of a convicted felon with multiple violent priors. After
    hours of surveillance, Amin’s squad located and arrested the fugitive after he ran and resisted
    arrest. Sgt. Amin and his squad had solved Chronister’s problem. Sgt. Amin was rewarded only
    by Chronister’s ill-motivated political stunt.

To be clear, no good law enforcement officer supports the unnecessary or excessive use
    of force. However, when good cops are called upon to do their sworn duty, do it well, and do it
    safely consistent with their training and SOPs, they should not have to fear loss of their career or
    criminal prosecution from a politically-motivated boss. In recent weeks, the quality Deputies of
    this agency — and they are many — have expressed great uncertainty as to the parameters of their
    lawful use of force. Unfortunately, uncertainty in dangerous situations is a recipe for injury and
    death.

Sgt. Amin’s counsel Paul Sisco summed up the event this way: “When the elected Sheriff
    chooses to create political theatre at the expense of one of his best leaders, he better count on a
    fight. Respect is not coerced, it is earned. Sgt. Amin will pursue any and all of his lawful
    remedies.” Amin’s counsel have already this week noticed HCSO of Amin’s intent to sue and
    have also demanded public retractions of the Sheriff's false statements.

PAUL M. SISCO (813) 225-1988
    BOARD CERTIFIED CRIMINAL TRIAL EXPERT
    FLORIDA BAR BOARD OF LEGAL SPECIALIZATION FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE psisco@paulsiscolaw.com

Unregistered
    I love it. This gives me the fuel I need to get by when I constantly go home 2 to 3 hours late because we don’t have enough deputies on the street, we have way too many sworn deputies working in offices, barely a mid shift, too top heavy, and the FACT that these criminals have no respect for us because we have lost all our command presence. Starting with Janak’s arrest. People walk around committing crimes through our neighborhoods as if we don’t even exist. They don’t even rush when they break in to 20 cars in a row. Because we are too busy doing the MEO’s job and everyone else’s or buried in BS paper.

Instead of arresting our own leaders, how about start a paperwork reduction act like other agencies have started.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love it. This gives me the fuel I need to get by when I constantly go home 2 to 3 hours late because we don’t have enough deputies on the street, we have way too many sworn deputies working in offices, barely a mid shift, too top heavy, and the FACT that these criminals have no respect for us because we have lost all our command presence. Starting with Janak’s arrest. People walk around committing crimes through our neighborhoods as if we don’t even exist. They don’t even rush when they break in to 20 cars in a row. Because we are too busy doing the MEO’s job and everyone else’s or buried in BS paper.

Instead of arresting our own leaders, how about start a paperwork reduction act like other agencies have started.
    Well said my friend. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    No public apology yet from out beloved Sheriif?

Janak 1st.

Unregistered
    Janak’s situation was very hard for me to accept. I have ridden through the highs and lows of my career keeping my head high. While being targeted once and made an example of for something ridiculous, I was quite aggravating and disappointed with the agency. But to have been fired and arrested is astonishing. I too kept and keep waiting to see how this matter is resolved. Time alone will not cause me to lose interest. Janak deserves restitution. I have not been privileged to the entire facts; however, from what I know his termination and arrest was a far reach and what I witnessed on television was quite disturbing.

Unregistered
    i would like to be there when Chad is on the stand and tells the jury how he did not afford Janak due process.

Unregistered
    i would like to be there when Chad is on the stand and tells the jury how he did not afford Janak due process.
    Oh I am going!!!!

I am taking off and I am watching it live. And I will be sitting in Janaks side right behind him. And I challenge a Motherfukcing biatch to say something.

20 years of service and I have seen plenty and many come and go. This case was the worst and the lowest. Sad....

I expect this case to blow up on Chad's FACE big time. Not sure what plastic surgeon will be able to reconstruct it after all of the stress he is about to EXPERIENCE.

Unregistered
    Oh I am going!!!!

I am taking off and I am watching it live. And I will be sitting in Janaks side right behind him. And I challenge a Motherfukcing biatch to say something.

20 years of service and I have seen plenty and many come and go. This case was the worst and the lowest. Sad....

I expect this case to blow up on Chad's FACE big time. Not sure what plastic surgeon will be able to reconstruct it after all of the stress he is about to EXPERIENCE.
    Wishful thinking. Nothing will blow up CHAD. He will simply blame the detective who wrote the CRA then hold the Sgt.who approved it responsible for not verifying the lie LADARIAN told. And that's that. That's what all higher ups do. So your wishful thinking is said in vein. Others will be fired before Chad gets embarrassed.

Unregistered

Injustice by a politician

It appears this deputy is a victim of politics. The deputy appears to have an outstanding record and used street tactics to arrest a dangerous criminal. Then it appears the sheriff called a news conference on a routine internal affairs investigation to promote his own political agenda. Hope the legal system makes amends.

Unregistered

Politics

So sad, so many ego maniacs, while 3 good cops die in the line of duty in Tampa Bay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast