From Within?

Thread: From Within?

Unregistered

From Within?

What do we think? Mayor Robinson has launched a nationwide search for a new police chief. Im of the mindset that we should promote from within. It worked with chip. It worked with Alexander. It worked with lyter. Why not have KC step in? He was good enough to be deputy chief. He was good enough to be the interim chief. I personally want a chief who has spent time on our beats and streets. Someone who is in touch with our community. I dont want some stranger from another jurisdiction. Thoughts?

Unregistered
    I totally agree. Its bad

Unregistered
    Yep it’s bad. Hiring from outside shows he thinks no one already here is good enough and that the force needs change. Now he wants to spend $300k taking a flag off the badge. All this go appease black criminals and white virtue signaling liberals

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep it’s bad. Hiring from outside shows he thinks no one already here is good enough and that the force needs change. Now he wants to spend $300k taking a flag off the badge. All this go appease black criminals and white virtue signaling liberals
    It's very trendy to have a minority police chief. It shows as a city you are accepting of all. Remove history for any reason, hire people based on public opinion and cater to any group with an agenda is what we do in this country. Soon,law enforcement won't have any thing to do with law or enforcement. Next time you stop a car, take a bottle of Windex and a rag with you to clean the violator's windshield. Maybe they won't complain.

Unregistered
    I think randall looks like a very good pick. Hes a hometown kid who's coming home to do the good work. I have nothing bad to say about the man. I've never met him. I wish him all the best. That said, we didn't need to go that wide in a search. We have plenty of good candidates right here that worked our beats, worked with our citizens, answered our calls, etc. We have candidates who developed right here. So, no one we had was a viable candidate? Really? As good as randall surely is, he didn't work here! He didn't come up in house. I just don't see why. And, as far as the badges...holy $#!+. Are you joking? They've been this way forever. We just recently took the BIG BAD stars and bars off. Why give up tradition? The British flag is on there. We all took offense to being under their tyrannical thumb; so much so, that we had a revolutionary war. Offense or no, they were the sovereign here for a period of time. Just like the Spanish, French, etc. Just like the confederacy. The confederacy was knocked down, just like the others.. Once you start, where does it end? We're in trouble. Who in their right mind would want to do this job? How are we going to find new recruits? They see that history and tradition and noble symbols that are worn over the heart mean little. They see that the higher ups won't have their backs if things turn bad. Like they do from time to time.