Range for Living

Unregistered

Range for Living

If you are a deputy for Sarasota what are the living range requirements? Do you have to live in Sarasota county or can you live in an adjoining county and still have a take home car?

Thanks

Unregistered
    You have to live within a 10mile radius of the county line

Unregistered
    You only have to live within 10 miles to take a agency vehicle home. There’s plenty of deputies that live outside of the 10 miles and just park their agency vehicles at other places

Unregistered
    I think the radius is a bit ridiculous considering it’s expensive to buy a home in Sarasota..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think the radius is a bit ridiculous considering it’s expensive to buy a home in Sarasota..
    Agreed, 100%...

Unregistered
    This has been a bone of contention for more than 20 years. Why can the Sarasota City PD take their assigned cars 45 miles outside city limits but we are relegated to this ridiculous constraint. I suppose that when it was initiated is because some crony of the sheriff that instituted this lived just outside the county and didn't want to have to buy a car to get to the county. Just my .02 on that.

Unregistered
    Other agencies charge the deputies for mileage. They give their starting mileage and ending at shift. Off duty is calculated by the department monthly. This would require another person to pay just to do that. You can’t use taxpayer money to driver your car 90 miles a day at the average fuel cost and mileage for Tahoes working 14days a month the math is approximately $2,000 per year for one deputy. I will just stop there. The car is a luxury if gas prices keep rising the Sheriff should consider off duty use.

Unregistered
    Stop your whining. You can find several places to live in surrounding counties within the 10 mile buffer. Thats literally Port Charlotte North Lakewood Ranch or Myakka. Its not a big deal. Much better than the old 4 mile rule. Probably four or 5 deputies park their cars if they live farther than that. There use to be 50 to 60 cars parked at the 17th st school board building. You should be lucky they even let you park it there. Good luck and . Don't worry about the few on here that whine. Its a great agency. Those of us from other agencies. Can vouch it is truly one of the best in the State.

Unregistered

Wouldn’t go that far..

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stop your whining. You can find several places to live in surrounding counties within the 10 mile buffer. Thats literally Port Charlotte North Lakewood Ranch or Myakka. Its not a big deal. Much better than the old 4 mile rule. Probably four or 5 deputies park their cars if they live farther than that. There use to be 50 to 60 cars parked at the 17th st school board building. You should be lucky they even let you park it there. Good luck and . Don't worry about the few on here that whine. Its a great agency. Those of us from other agencies. Can vouch it is truly one of the best in the State.

I wouldn’t go that far.. Yes, the 10 miles is better. Let’s start with the real issues. How about adding more detectives or getting rid of general assignment. How about career positions so it stops those from chasing the pay scale. Let’s be honest, there’s some horrible supervisors out there. How about we start being proactive again…