D5 and D2 new name
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

D5 and D2 new name

District 5 should be named the Brian Lavigne building. District 2 should be named the Ron Harrison building.

Unregistered
    And maybe the squad that patrols the Lumsden Rd adea, where they both were killed, should have more staffing.

Unregistered

False

The reason why your staffing complaint gets ignored in all the threads is because of the false baselines. Ron Harrison’s death had nothing to do with staffing, call volume, available units, or anything other than an asshole who wanted to kill a cop. Ron just finished his shift and stopped at a convenience store near his home. The dbag, who was ranting and raving to his friends all day about cops, followed him out, pulled up next to him at a red light and began shooting Ron. Ron was not murdered because he was sent to a call short handed. Ron was not murdered because he was on a traffic stop without available back up. Ron was murdered without provocation. Ron was ambushed by a piece of shit. If you want to effect change, use factual information. Don’t bend truths to fit your agenda.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The reason why your staffing complaint gets ignored in all the threads is because of the false baselines. Ron Harrison’s death had nothing to do with staffing, call volume, available units, or anything other than an asshole who wanted to kill a cop. Ron just finished his shift and stopped at a convenience store near his home. The dbag, who was ranting and raving to his friends all day about cops, followed him out, pulled up next to him at a red light and began shooting Ron. Ron was not murdered because he was sent to a call short handed. Ron was not murdered because he was on a traffic stop without available back up. Ron was murdered without provocation. Ron was ambushed by a piece of shit. If you want to effect change, use factual information. Don’t bend truths to fit your agenda.
    Okay Mr Leo affairs moderator... clearing up some “fake news”... this isn’t Facebook or Twitter... the poster you’re clapping back at is simply stating the truth...that there needs to be more staffing in those areas...He didn’t bend truths to fit an agenda. YOU quickly jumped to a conclusion... What is factual is that that those areas do run dangerously short as does much of HCSO.

Unregistered
    Okay Mr Leo affairs moderator... clearing up some “fake news”... this isn’t Facebook or Twitter... the poster you’re clapping back at is simply stating the truth...that there needs to be more staffing in those areas...He didn’t bend truths to fit an agenda. YOU quickly jumped to a conclusion... What is factual is that that those areas do run dangerously short as does much of HCSO.
    Exactly this post right here !

Unregistered
    In all fairness, Brian’s murder wasn’t the result of staffing either. It was either a mental health issue, substance abuse, or a combination of the two. Agreeably, we are short handed, have been for years and years, in fact, decades and decades. In my opinion, having adequate manpower in patrol would allow deputies to be proactive instead of reactive. Working patrol can really be an enjoyable assignment if the agency ever fills the hundreds of vacant positions.

Unregistered
    Why can’t they fill up patrol?

Unregistered
    Because HCSO lacks the adequate training staff to do it in any reasonable timeframe. A significant change is needed. Minimally increasing class size or merely adding an additional academy per year has not made a noticeable difference as of yet. Sheriff Chronister has made an attempt but I hope he realizes, with attrition, it is not netting much gain. Doubling the training staff will either pull additional manpower from the street, or would require hiring manpower specifically for that reason. I would prefer the latter.

Unregistered
    Because HCSO lacks the adequate training staff to do it in any reasonable timeframe. A significant change is needed. Minimally increasing class size or merely adding an additional academy per year has not made a noticeable difference as of yet. Sheriff Chronister has made an attempt but I hope he realizes, with attrition, it is not netting much gain. Doubling the training staff will either pull additional manpower from the street, or would require hiring manpower specifically for that reason. I would prefer the latter.
    Males sense. If your short staffed taking people off the roads would defeat the purpose. I hope it all works out for all of you.

Unregistered

With Baby Boomers retiring, this situation will only get worse. Not everyone wants to stop working entirely, or go to CE.

One answer would be to recruit well-respected, recently retired Deputies with a wealth of good experience to teach these classes. This would spread good knowledge and training, keep current Deputies on the road, and keep the costs of part time instructors low.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast