Hey Chad and Donna
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Hey Chad and Donna

A week too late. But how about you all relax the rule that forces us to work the last 2 weeks of our careers in order for us to collect our accruals. It is a slap in the face, for those of us that don't misuse our accruals, to be forced to WORK THE LAST 2 WEEKS OF OUR CAREER in order to get cash out the accruals.

Hard for you all to understand since you have been out of touch with us on the streets ...BUT it is TABOO for us non office types to be working the last 2 weeks on the road. Perhaps you can reassign us somewhere we dont have to become a target for someone the last weeks of our career.. Hell I will even clean the toilets.

Again it's taboo. Countless other officers before Brian have died within 2 weeks of their retirement. I don't know who created the rule but as always you all punish the masses rather then the source.

Please think about. Loosing BRIAN will be long felt as long his beautiful daughter decides to stay.

Fix it Chad Fix it Donna...Just FIX IT!!

Respectfully,

Deputy with hope!

Unregistered
    Countless other officers? If you are going to try to make a point, please be accurate with your statistics. Please share your list. Let’s start with our agency. Out of all of the employees that died, how many were in their final two weeks? I proudly wore my uniform the last day as I had done my whole career and went out with pride. It is a horrible shame what happened to Brian. He was a cops cop and was proud to wear the uniform as well. If I had to imagine, he would have wanted to have been there his last day, holding his head high! RIP Brian, I enjoyed working with you for over thirty years. It was always a pleasure.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Countless other officers? If you are going to try to make a point, please be accurate with your statistics. Please share your list. Let’s start with our agency. Out of all of the employees that died, how many were in their final two weeks? I proudly wore my uniform the last day as I had done my whole career and went out with pride. It is a horrible shame what happened to Brian. He was a cops cop and was proud to wear the uniform as well. If I had to imagine, he would have wanted to have been there his last day, holding his head high! RIP Brian, I enjoyed working with you for over thirty years. It was always a pleasure.
    Countless others officers in the POLICE force not just hcso....at least that's what I understood!!!
    Do your own research on the OFFICER DOWN PAGE.
    In 2007, when I was a rookie, Sgt. RON Harrison, was another one that was murdered within a week of his retirement....here at hcso.. .

Thank you for your service AND thank God you made it out in one piece.

But, for you to take offense to what the original poster wrote only tells us you were probably one of the office types that had the luxury of having an office and out of touch with the bread and butter grunts of ANY agency.

RIP BRIAN.

Unregistered
    A week too late. But how about you all relax the rule that forces us to work the last 2 weeks of our careers in order for us to collect our accruals. It is a slap in the face, for those of us that don't misuse our accruals, to be forced to WORK THE LAST 2 WEEKS OF OUR CAREER in order to get cash out the accruals.

Hard for you all to understand since you have been out of touch with us on the streets ...BUT it is TABOO for us non office types to be working the last 2 weeks on the road. Perhaps you can reassign us somewhere we dont have to become a target for someone the last weeks of our career.. Hell I will even clean the toilets.

Again it's taboo. Countless other officers before Brian have died within 2 weeks of their retirement. I don't know who created the rule but as always you all punish the masses rather then the source.

Please think about. Loosing BRIAN will be long felt as long his beautiful daughter decides to stay.

Respectfully,

Deputy with hope!
    You guys aren't alone. I work for a department down here in south Florida and HR just changed our policy to where ALL employees must work their finals 2 weeks of employment, whether it be through resignation or retirement.

Unregistered
    You guys aren't alone. I work for a department down here in south Florida and HR just changed our policy to where ALL employees must work their finals 2 weeks of employment, whether it be through resignation or retirement.
    I don't know why the changed happened; but, they can look the other way as I do absolutely nothing for a month prior to my last day in the drop. Fuk that and the biatch who made that fukboy law/rule/death sentence!

Unregistered
    So let’s dig into why the requirement to work the last two weeks was made. Can someone with knowledge share the reason? If you have the time on the books, why can’t it be used if a leave request is submitted in advance?

Unregistered

Respectfully,

Deputy with hope!
    Amen. It’s a known phenomenon! The case stories about cops getting killed days before retirement start in the academy. Its a bad omen to be out in the field dealing with these unstable insane people just before retirement. With all the office jockeys we already have, I’m talking about fully sworn officers with guns and handcuffs spending months and years in offices not responding to emergencies let alone making arrests, what would it hurt to put a street deputy or street supervisor about to retire on a desk? Especially one that has been keeping the peace and babysitting the defective, impulsive, poorly raised, and insane people for 31 years.

Unregistered
    RIP? Yet you are still a sell out company guy. Still coming to this site to do PR damage control for the agency. You are not one of us.

If it were you a day or two out from retirement or someone you cared about, you would agree. That is if you are actually in the front lines for your entire career like Brian had the balls to do. Most of you brown nosers spend a few years on patrol, then detective, then hide behind a desks for 2 decades saying stupid crap like “Living the dream”, and “I been here 30 years and loved every minute”. Yeah right. Of course you did. Anyone would that does not spend their career responding to dangerous emergencies. Your opinion does not count desk jockey.

Unregistered
    Do you guys want to know what the real kicker is? None of these PR company guys would understand from their cushy 2 hour lunches point of view. I have worked with Brian a long time. Any of you that have worked with him long enough know exactly what he did for his older troops when they were about to retire. See, being that he backed us up, senior deputies flocked to his squad. Many older deputies about to retire. For those of you that claim to have known him, can you tell me what he had the balls to do for any of his troops days out from retirement? To keep them safe.

Unregistered
    I won’t argue with you about your accusations. You don’t know me. But I will set the record straight. I proudly worked patrol for over thirty years, twenty five of them were with Brian in several districts. I know him well. We had/have a mutual respect for each other. I feel horrible about him not being able to enjoy his retirement after committing his life to law enforcement. I worked hand in hand with Ron Harrison as well and we shared the mutual respect as well. I worked my last day at HCSO and it is my belief that both Ron and Brian would have held their heads high and would have proudly worked their last day. That is my opinion, but I agree, if someone has the time to burn and submit their request with ample notice, it should be approved. I don’t like that policy either, maybe it will change. I just don’t see the need for your allegations and the need to attack my integrity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast